Motorola codenames leak, include carrier and VoLTE references
Hot on the heels of a Motorola mystery in which a company exec shared a screenshot from an unknown 1080p device, a new leak has revealed the codenames for several upcoming Moto products.
Google+ user hellomotoHK has shared some screenshots from Motorola’s Bug2Go software that includes references to unreleased hardware. The list of codenames and what those devices may be are:
- Xplus1: Likely the Moto X+1. Not only are the names similar, but there are models for AT&T, EMEA, Latin America, Sprint, T-Mobile and Verizon, which lines up with the rumor that the X+1 will be available on all four major U.S. carriers.
- xWatch, xClock: Probably the Moto 360, an Android Wear-powered smartwatch.
- Titan: Mystery device that has Asia, EMEA, Latin America and U.S. versions.
- Quantum: Another mystery product. Thought to be something called “XPlay.”
- Ulin, ULine: Includes VoLTE and Verizon VoLTE references, so this is likely an upcoming smartphone.
And there you have it. Obviously there’s a lot that we don’t know about these devices, but now that we’re aware of the codenames, we know what to keep an eye out for in the future. Perhaps the best news from this leak for Motorola fans is that the company’s got quite a few pieces of hardware in the works. Now we just have to wait for more details to surface and reveal exactly what they are.