Moto G 4G LTE now available, includes microSD slot and LTE connectivityAlex Wagner - Editorial Director of News and Content
Motorola is currently offering a pretty sweet deal on its Moto Stream Bluetooth wireless streaming device, but if you’re on the hunt for a new smartphone, Moto’s got you covered there, too.
The Moto G 4G LTE is now available for purchase direct from Motorola. The company’s website is now selling both the black and white versions of the Moto G with 8GB of storage for $219. As its name suggests, the Moto G 4G LTE is fairly similar to the regular Moto G that launched last year, save for the addition of a microSD card slot and 4G LTE connectivity.
As a quick refresher, here’s the full spec rundown on the Moto G 4G LTE:
- 4.5-inch 1280x720 display
- 1.2GHz quad-core Snapdragon 400 processor
- 5-megapixel rear camera, 1.3-megapixel front-facing shooter
- 8GB internal storage
- microSD slot with support for cards up to 32GB in size
- 2070mAh battery
- Android 4.4 KitKat
- GSM/GPRS/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900MHz
- UMTS 850/900/1700/1900/2100MHz
- 4G LTE bands 2, 4, 5, 17 (700/850/1700/1900MHz)
The regular Moto G is priced at $179, so by paying the $40 premium for the Moto G 4G LTE, you’re getting a microSD slot for additional storage and 4G LTE support for AT&T and T-Mobile in the U.S. It’s up to you to decide if those two additions are worth $40, but I’d say that $219 for the Moto G 4G LTE is a nice deal for anyone in the hunt for a new GSM smartphone.