Android 4.4.4 updates rolling out to Sony Xperia Z1, Z1 Compact and Z UltraAlex Wagner - Editorial Director of News and Content
Over the past six to eight months, whenever we’d see a new version of Android released, Motorola would be close behind with updates for the Moto X, Moto G and Moto E. Things are a little different with Android 4.4.4, though, as it looks like Sony has beaten Motorola to the update punch.
Sony is now rolling Android 4.4.4 updates out to a trio of its Xperia smartphones. The Xperia Z1, Xperia Z1 Compact and Xperia Z Ultra are now receiving updates that include a bump up to Android 4.4.4 along with a few other goodies. The changelog for the updates is as follows:
- Android 4.4.4 including the latest enhancements and security updates from Google
- Updated and improved camera experience
- Improvements when using Google voice, Contacts, Music streaming and Google+
- The latest versions of our Sony apps for you to enjoy
- All of our latest bug fixes, optimisations & improvements
Right now it looks like these updates are only rolling out in Europe. It’s still awesome to see Sony pushing Android 4.4.4 out to some of its devices a little over a week after it began hitting Nexus devices, especially considering that the hardware that Sony is updating isn’t the freshest on the block. Here’s to hoping that Sony can continue with these prompt updates and bring Android 4.4.4, and eventually Android L, to its Xperia products in a prompt manner.