OnePlus One Android 4.4.4 update rolling out with new Clear Image camera featureAlex Wagner - Editorial Director of News and Content
If you’re one of the folks that’ve been lucky enough to secure a OnePlus One, then you’re in for a treat, because OnePlus says that it’s now rolling out CM 11S 30O update, which includes a bump to Android 4.4.4.
OnePlus has announced in its forums that the CM 11S 30O update is rolling out starting today, with all users expected to receive the update by the end of this week. The full changelog for the update looks like this:
- Upgraded to Android 4.4.4
- Updated to new versions of Google apps
- Added Clear Image
- Added new (colder) calibration for the screen
- Proximity sensor prevents activation of off-screen gestures while in your pocket
- Capacitive touch keys supported in the recovery mode
- Increased capacitive button illumination
- Improved overall stability
- Fixed issues with vibration being disabled during Quiet Hours
- Fixed lockscreen not updating the track information during music playback
- Fixed microphone volume for all formats in the Voice Recorder app
- Fixed “OK, Google” not triggering voice search in Google Now
- Fixed Viber calls not working
- Fixed battery percent not updating in custom lock screens
- Fixed PicasaSync
- Fixed Camera “O” gesture activating lockscreen instead of triggering camera
- Fixed wallpapers not applying in full screen, taking the wrong size when cropping, etc
OnePlus went on to highlight its new Clear Image camera feature. The company explains that this new mode will capture 10 separate images and then stitch them together to form a single, super high-res photos. During this process, the device uses interlacing and compression algorithms to improve clarity, reduce noise in low-light and minimize file size. An example of Clear Image is below, wit the original shot on the left and the Clear Image photo on the right.
Overall this sounds like a pretty significant update. Not only does it bring the OnePlus One up to the latest official version of Android, but it also includes some big bug fixes and the new Clear Image camera feature, which ought to give OnePlus One owners a new reason to play with the device’s 13-megapixel shooter.
If you’re a OnePlus One owner, be sure to give us a shout once you get this update! And if you don’t yet have a unit, well, at least you can rest easy knowing that you won’t have to wait for Android 4.4.4 once you finally do get a One.