Sharp Aquos Crystal bringing its crazy thin bezels to Sprint, Virgin Mobile and Boost MobileAlex Wagner - Editorial Director of News and Content
Are you a U.S. mobile fan that digs the near-bezel-less look of the Sharp Aquos Crystal that debuted yesterday? If you’re nodding your head, then I’ve got some good news for you!
Sprint just announced that it plans to launch the Sharp Aquos Crystal on its own service as well as on its prepaid brands, Virgin Mobile and Boost Mobile. Sprint will sell the Aquos Crystal in both black and white for $0 down and 24 monthly payments of $10 each or $239.99 full retail.
On the prepaid side of things, Virgin will offer a black version of the Crystal for $149.99, while Boost will see a white unit for the same price. Launch dates for all three operators will be announced “at a later date.”
In exchange for your hard-earned dolla dolla bills, you’ll get a Sharp Aquos Crystal with the following specs:
- 5-inch 1280x720 display with minimal bezel
- 1.2GHz quad-core Snapdragon 400 processor
- 8-megapixel rear, 1.2-megapixel front cameras
- 8GB storage, microSD slot with support for cards up to 128GB
- 1.5GB of RAM
- Harman/Kardon audio:
- Clari-Fi tech for improving digital sound quality by “restoring all types of compressed digital music”
- LiveStage feature that “[adds] dimension to the sound” to offer an improved headphone listening experience
- Sprint Spark LTE, HD Voice and Wi-Fi Calling support
- Android 4.4.2 KitKat
- Embedded 2040mAh battery
The Sharp Aquos Crystal is the first Sharp Aquos handset to be released in the U.S., and while it doesn’t exactly have barnburner specs, it’s still great to see another manufacturer entering the U.S. wireless game. After all, more competition is always a good thing, especially when that competition comes with super tiny bezels.