LG G3 Stylus officially announced with 5.5-inch display, Rubberdium penAlex Wagner - Editorial Director of News and Content
As its name suggests, the LG G3 Stylus comes equipped with its own Rubberdium pen, which was previously used in LG’s Vu/Intuition line. The G3 Stylus will come preloaded with productivity and entertainment apps that take advantage of the Rubberdium pen.
The rest of the LG G3 Stylus’s spec sheet looks like this:
- 5.5-inch 960x540 IPS display
- 1.3GHz quad-core processor
- 13-megapixel rear, 1.3-megapixel front cameras
- 8GB of storage, microSD card slot
- 1GB of RAM
- 3G connectivity
- 3000mAh removable battery
- Black, white and gold color options
- Android 4.4.2 KitKat
- Custom LG software features like Dual Window for running two apps at once, Smart Keyboard and Knock Code
LG says that the G3 Stylus will launch in “3G markets,” starting with Brazil in September. Launches in Asia, the Middle East, Africa and the Commonwealth of Independent States will follow.
It looks like the LG G3 Stylus isn’t the high-end Samsung Galaxy Note 3 competitor that some folks had hoped it would be. Still, it’s interesting to see LG’s new take on the stylus-equipped phablet market after the Vu family ceased to exist.
LG plans to show off the G3 Stylus at IFA in September, so keep it locked to PhoneDog for more on this new giganto-phone as we get it.