Company Overview: MetroPCS is headquartered in Dallas TX and was started in 1994. They own or have access to licenses serving 140 million-plus people in 14 of the top 25 U.S. markets.
Network Benefits: All-digital network offers voice and high speed data services.
Special Plan Features: Prepaid-only services offer flat monthly rate for unlimited calling. Local and long distance plans available. Free activation and first month free with new account and phone purchase. Talk-all-you-want service in five basic cellular plans priced at $30, $35, $40, $45 or $50.
Unique Features: @metro service allows pay as you go mobile entertainment and information. Text and picture messaging services.
Pros: Best rates for unlimited calling. Prepaid service requires no yearly committment.
Cons: Limited network coverage. Roaming charges start at $.49/minute. Voicemail, caller ID, and call waiting cost extra. Phone prices higher than those of monthly contract carriers.
Technology Used: CDMA 1900 MHz band.
Coverage: They owns or have access to licenses serving 140 million-plus people in 14 of the top 25 U.S. markets.
Customer Service: See Consumer Reviews
- The ZTE Aspect offers a full QWERTY keyboard, 2MP camera, streaming video, basic web browsing, e-mail access, music player, and 3.5mm headphone jack.
- The Samsung Freeform M offers a full QWERTY keyboard, 2MP camera, video capture, Java, WiFi, USB, and Bluetooth v2.1+EDR.
- The Huawei Vitria offers Android 4.1, 1.2GHz dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 MSM8930 dual-core processor, 1GB RAM, mobile hotspot, WiFi, data tethering, 5MP camera, VGA front-facing camera, DLNA, and 720p HD video capture.
- The Huawei Valiant offers Android 4.1, 1 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Play MSM8225 dual-core processor, capacitive touchscreen with Gorilla Glass 2, 3MP camera, and 480p video capture.
- The Alcatel One Touch Evolve offers Android 4.1.2, 1GHz Mediatek MT6575, mobile hotspot, data tethering, Swype predictive text entry, 5MP camera, and 720p HD video capture.
- The Alcatel One Touch Fierce offers Android 4.2, 1.2GHz MediaTek MT6589M quad-core processor, 4GB internal memory, data tethering, mobile hotspot, Bluetooth v4.0+HS, WiFi, and 5MP camera.
- The Alcatel 768 basic clamshell phone offers a 2.4" display, 128 MB internal storage, 611 MHz processor, removable battery, eZiText entry technology, and 2MP camera.
- The LG Optimus F6 offers a 4.5" IPS touchscreen display, 5MP BSI camera, Time Catch Shot, Voice Shutter and LG’s unique Smart Shutter, Wi-Fi, NFC-capabilities, and some LG innovative apps – such as QuickMemo, QSlide, Quick Translator and VuTalk.
- The Samsung Galaxy Mega offers a 6.3" display (720x1280 pixels) and a 3,200 mAh battery, 1.5 GHz dual-core CPU, 1.5 GHz of RAM, 8MP with 1080p HD recording, and Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean with TouchWiz.
- The LG Optimus F3 offers a 4" IPS touchscreen display, 5MP camera, 1.2GHz dual-core processor, NFC, 4G LTE support, mobile hotspot, DLNA, HD Voice, and Android 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean).