Company Overview: MetroPCS is headquartered in Dallas TX and was started in 1994. They own or have access to licenses serving 140 million-plus people in 14 of the top 25 U.S. markets.
Network Benefits: All-digital network offers voice and high speed data services.
Special Plan Features: Prepaid-only services offer flat monthly rate for unlimited calling. Local and long distance plans available. Free activation and first month free with new account and phone purchase. Talk-all-you-want service in five basic cellular plans priced at $30, $35, $40, $45 or $50.
Unique Features: @metro service allows pay as you go mobile entertainment and information. Text and picture messaging services.
Pros: Best rates for unlimited calling. Prepaid service requires no yearly committment.
Cons: Limited network coverage. Roaming charges start at $.49/minute. Voicemail, caller ID, and call waiting cost extra. Phone prices higher than those of monthly contract carriers.
Technology Used: CDMA 1900 MHz band.
Coverage: They owns or have access to licenses serving 140 million-plus people in 14 of the top 25 U.S. markets.
Customer Service: See Consumer Reviews
- The 2013 edition of the Samsung Galaxy Exhibit changed it's design and upgraded to a 5MP camera, and Android 4.1. Other key features include Samsung S Voice, Swype technology, and mobile hotspot.
- The ZTE Concord II was announced almost two years after the original ZTE Concord for T-Mobile was. The updated version offers a 800x4800 pixel 4" touchscreen display, 5MP camera, 1820mAh battery, 1.2GHz dual-core Snapdragon processor, and 4GB internal storage.
- The LG Optimus L70 brings with it a 4.5" display, Android 4.4 (KitKat), 1.2 GHz Qualcomm MSM8210 processor, 4 GB internal memory, mobile hotspot, WiFi, data tethering, 5MP camera with LED flash and panorama, plus VGA front-facing camera.
- The Nokia Lumia 635, replacing last year's Lumia 521, will be the first Windows Phone offering their updated 8.1 OS out of the box. Other key features include 4.5" ClearBlack touchscreen, 1.2GHz quad-core Snapdragon 400 processor, changeable shells. We will update complete features when made available.
- The ZTE Aspect offers a full QWERTY keyboard, 2MP camera, streaming video, basic web browsing, e-mail access, music player, and 3.5mm headphone jack.
- The Samsung Freeform M offers a full QWERTY keyboard, 2MP camera, video capture, Java, WiFi, USB, and Bluetooth v2.1+EDR.
- The Huawei Vitria offers Android 4.1, 1.2GHz dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 MSM8930 dual-core processor, 1GB RAM, mobile hotspot, WiFi, data tethering, 5MP camera, VGA front-facing camera, DLNA, and 720p HD video capture.
- The Huawei Valiant offers Android 4.1, 1 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Play MSM8225 dual-core processor, capacitive touchscreen with Gorilla Glass 2, 3MP camera, and 480p video capture.
- The Alcatel One Touch Evolve offers Android 4.1.2, 1GHz Mediatek MT6575, mobile hotspot, data tethering, Swype predictive text entry, 5MP camera, and 720p HD video capture.
- The Alcatel One Touch Fierce offers Android 4.2, 1.2GHz MediaTek MT6589M quad-core processor, 4GB internal memory, data tethering, mobile hotspot, Bluetooth v4.0+HS, WiFi, and 5MP camera.