Company Overview: SouthernLINC Wireless is a wireless communications network backed by the strength and reliability of Southern Company - the parent company of four electric utilities in the Southeast: Alabama Power, Georgia Power, Gulf Power and Mississippi Power, which are also SouthernLINC Wireless customers. In addition, SouthernLINC Wireless provides reliable wireless communications service, including mobile phones, to a wide range of businesses and consumers within our 127,000 square-mile coverage area that includes Alabama, Georgia, southeastern Mississippi, and the Florida Panhandle.
Network Benefits: Standard wireless voice combined with push-to-talk service; Wireless Web and email services including BlackBerry support; Special mobile data services for businesses, public safety groups, and others.
Special Plan Features: Instant LINC push-to-talk minutes, free incoming text messages, monthly plans available for under $30/mo.
Unique Features: Family Reunion plans share cell and Instant LINC minutes with up to three additional lines; several rugged/weatherproof phones available.
Pros: Family Reunion plans offer good value with push-to-talk services.
Cons: Not all plans include nationwide long distance; limited number of handsets available; better priced plans require two year service agreement.
Coverage: Regional coverage in the Southeastern U.S. including Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, and Florida.
Customer Service: SoutherLINC has been praised for their service during Hurricane Katrina and other severe weather in their coverage area.
- The Motorola i776 sports a small, light clamshell form factor with dual displays. Key features include Bluetooth, VGA camera, PTT, GPS, speakerphone, voice memo and a WAP browser.
- The Motorola i830 Bronze is the smallest iDEN phone to date. This model does includes the same features as the i730 model, but in a package 30% smaller. Key attributes include a color display, Java, push-to-talk, and speakerphone. You can also customize this phone to fit your personality and the personality of the people calling you by using the custom graphics and ringtones.
- This update to the popular Motorola i530 is tougher and more powerful than its predecessor. With the strongest ruggedized shell and best weatherproofing available on the market today, the Motorola i560 is one tough flip phone! With a nice color display, and quality speakerphone this phone is built for an active world.
- The Motorola i760 replaces the super-popular Motorola i730. The phone is equipped with a nice 2.2” color display, a quality speakerphone, extended battery life and an external display. You’ve got a workhorse of a phone in your hand.
- The Motorola i850 takes push-to-talk to a new level. This phone lets you Push-to-Send a contact or your own info to others so they can get more done. Add in a nice 2.2” color display, a digital camera that takes print-quality pictures, a quality speakerphone and an external display, and you’ve got quite a phone in your hands.
- Packed with a built-in two-way radio and a superior built-in speakerphone, the light-weight Motorola i836 doesn’t stop there- It’s Java enabled and offers cutting edge features like Selective Dynamic Group Call (SDGC) and polyphonic ringtones.
- The i720 is one of Motorola's iDEN flip phones. Key attributes include a color main display, true GPS, Java, voice dialing, and speakerphone.
- The smart, tough Motorola i605 is built for the active individual who is demanding on their phone. A smart phone with Bluetooth, built-in GPS applications, a huge 2.2” color display and a 600 contact removable SIM card. But, the i605 is also tough - with a rugged design, extended battery life, and rubberized grips. A phone that is built for tough workplaces and active individuals, the i605 is one smart, tough customer that won’t let...
- The tank-like Motorola i355 is targeted at field services, construction, transportation, and government segments. With the strongest ruggedized shell and best weatherproofing available to the market today, i355 is one tough customer. With long battery life and integrated speakerphone, the i355 is the perfect mobile for your demanding environment.
- The solidly built Motorola i275 is built for business. With a 600-entry phonebook, push-to-talk and integrated speakerphone, the i275 gives you plenty of ways to stay in touch. Plus, there’s text messaging for times that you can’t talk. For the fun times, you have a built-in VGA quality camera that lets you capture still pictures and send them to others. If you’re looking for a basic everyday phone that you can rely on, the Motorola i275 is...