It was announced October 27, 2011 that Sony has bought out Ericsson's portion of the joint venture that is was Sony Ericsson for €1.05 billion in cash. The joint venture came to be a little over a decade ago, but Sony will officially take full control of the subsidiary in January 2012, when the deal is expected to close.
- The Sony Xperia Z3 unveiled during IFA Berlin 2014, didn't come to the party alone. Sony also introduced a compact version, the E3, a Z3 compact tablet, and two new wearables. The Sony Xperia Z3 gives consumers a 5.2" TRILUMINOS display, 2.5GHz quad-core Snapdragon 801 processor, 20.7MP camera with Exmor RS sensor, 2.2MP front-facing camera, 16GB internal storage, Android 4.4 (KitKat), IP65 and IP68 rated for resitance to dust and...
- The Sony Xperia Z2 tablet is slim and waterproof and features Google Android 4.4 (KitKat), a 10.7" TFT touchscreen display, NFC, PlayStation Certified, 8.1MP camera, and 2 MP front-facing camera, TRILUMINOS™ Display for mobile, X-Reality™ for mobile picture engine, and TV launcher.
- The Sony Xperia Z2 offers a 5.2" 1080p touchscreen display, 2.3GHz quad-core processor, and a 20.7 MP camera. WE will update complete features when they become available.
- The Sony Xperia Z1 Compact, announced during CES 2014 along with the Xperia Z1S, offers a smaller screen, 4.3" 720p display. Other key features include a 2.2GHz quad-core processor, 16GB internal storage, 2GB RAM, and 20.7MP camera. We will update complete specs and image as soon as possible.
- Announced during CES 2014, the Sony Xperia Z1S brings a 5" display, 2GB RAM, 2.2GHz quad-core processor, 20.7MP camera, and a 3000 mAh battery. This is their first water proof flagship phone.
- The Sony Z Ultra Google Play edition offers stock Android software, and automatically receives updates to the software, a 6.4" full HD touchscreen, front and back panels are tempered glass, 800 Quad Core processor, NFC (Android Beam).
- The Sony Xperia Z1 offers an advanced 20.7MP camera, 5" 1080p touchscreen display, Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean), 2.2GHz quad-core Snapdragon 800 processors, and a large 3000mAh battery.
- The Sony Xperia M offers Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean), a 4" touchscreen display, 5MP camera with LED flash, 1GHz dual-core Snapdragon S4 processor, 4GB internal storage, Screen mirroring Smart Connect, Synchronization via Facebook™, SyncML™, Google™, and with your computer. Music lovers can also enjoy the PlayNow™ service, TrackID™ music recognition, “WALKMAN” application, and xLoud™ Experience.
- The Sony Xperia Z offers similar specs as the ZL but is thinner and water-resistant. Other key features include a 1.5 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon quad-core processor, 2 GB RAM, NFC, mobile hotspot, data tethering, 13MP camera, and 1080p HD video capture.
- The Sony Xperia L offers a 1GHz dual-core MSM8230 processor, Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean), 1GB RAM, 8MP Exmor RS camera, VGA front-facing camera, 8GB internal storage, NFC, and microSD slot.