Aaron goes in-depth with the HTC EVO 3D, the successor to the wildly popular HTC EVO 4G and the first dual-core device to land on Sprint. Featuring a 1.2 GHz dual-core Snapdragon processor, 4.3-inch stereoscopic qHD display, dual 5-megapixel cameras that shoot 720p HD video in 2D and 3D, a front-facing shooter for self-portraits and the occasional video call, and Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) with HTC Sense 3.0, it's quite the Android smartphone.
It's more of an evolutionary upgrade from the original EVO, but it offers a number of features that make it worth buying. Unfortunately, it's not the best when it comes to call quality and data speeds, so those that live in a Sprint fringe area may have to choose another smartphone. Part 2 of 2.
HTC EVO 3D specifications:
- 1.2 GHz dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon processor
- 4.3-inch stereoscopic qHD display (540 x 960 pixels)
- Dual 5-megapixel cameras with 720p HD video recording in 2D and 3D
- 1.3-megapixel front-facing camera
- Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) with HTC Sense 3.0