After the HTC Status/ChaCha, Facebook is back at it with another hardware collaboration. The popular social network has combined with HTC and AT&T to create the HTC First, the first (no pun intended) smartphone to hit retail shelves with the new Facebook Home software out of the box.
- 1.4 GHz dual-core Snapdragon 400 CPU
- 4.3-inch HD (720p) display
- 1 GB of RAM
- 5-megapixel camera with 1080p HD recording
- 2,000 mAh battery
- 4G LTE connectivity
- Android 4.1 Jelly Bean with Facebook Home preinstalled
- Available at AT&T for $99.99 in blue, black, red, and white
One major bonus is the ability to turn Facebook Home off and access stock Android 4.1 Jelly Bean, but the question remains: even for die-hard Facebook fans, is it worth getting this device when the same application/overlay can be installed on select high-end Android smartphones like the HTC One and Samsung Galaxy S 4? Part 2 of 2.