SANTA CLARA, Calif., Oct. 14 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- 8x8, Inc. (NASDAQ: EGHT), the Packet8 broadband Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) and videophone communications service provider, today announced it has released several new call management features for its Virtual Office service, adding even greater customization, flexibility and value to its VoIP-hosted PBX service for small business.
Virtual Office is an affordable, easy-to-use alternative to traditional PBX systems that allows users anywhere in the world to be part of a VoIP-hosted virtual phone system that includes auto attendants, conference bridges, extension-to-extension dialing, business class voicemail and ring groups, in addition to a rich variety of other business class PBX features normally found on premise based PBX systems. Virtual Office reduces an organization's telecommunications total cost of ownership (TCO) with a minimal initial investment combined with unlimited local and long distance business calling in the United States and Canada and access to Packet8's low international rates.
The newly released feature enhancements provide Virtual Office users with greater control over their individual calling needs. They include:
- Extension Manager -- A New Virtual Office web portal with unique extension login allows extension holders the ability to control all extension settings including busy, ring-no-answer, and internet outage handling ring duration and forwarding destinations. Other settings in Extension Manager including forwarding rules, one number access, caller id blocking, call waiting disable and other individual preferences.
- One Number Access (ONA): -- Enables callers to search for the party at up to four phone numbers of the extension owner's choosing, sequentially or simultaneously. Each searching number can be set with a number of rings and password enabled or disabled to ensure your security. Extension Manager gives complete graphical controls for ONA.
- Caller ID blocking on/off -- *67/*68: -- Enables users to block the caller ID on outbound calls on a per call basis.
- Full Time Caller ID Blocking: Enables users to configure permanent caller ID blocking for all outbound calls from the Extension Manager
- Call Return -- *69: Allows users to automatically call back the last incoming call without having to dial the number.
- Call Waiting Disable *70: Allows users to disable call waiting on a per call basis and send all subsequent new callers while on the phone to busy call handling such as voicemail, a busy tone if voicemail is disabled or even one number access (ONA).
- Full Time Call Waiting Disable: Allows users to disable full-time call waiting from the Extension Manager so that all subsequent calls while on the phone are handled by busy call handling.
- Voicemail Call Return: Enables users to easily return a call from voicemail automatically without leaving the voicemail system.
- Internet Outage Handling -- In addition to busy, ring-no-answer and forward all calls, users can set a unique number on an extension basis to have calls routed in the event of an internet outage at the extension's physical location or if the terminal adapter is disconnected. This number can be a land line, cell phone, one number access, voicemail, auto attendant, another Packet8 number or Virtual Office extension. This feature can be set through the Extension Manager.
"Our suite of new features continues to expand while reducing administrator bottlenecks and costs typically associated with traditional business communication systems," said 8x8 Director of Marketing Dave Immethun. "Alternatively, subscribers can contact Packet 8's toll free customer support representatives to make adds, moves and changes to their Virtual Office service at any time with no additional costs incurred."
The Virtual Office system consists of a broadband phone adapter and hands- free business class telephone priced at $99.95. Monthly Packet8 Virtual Office costs range from $9.95-$39.95 per extension including a host of advanced PBX functions and business features. A minimum of three unlimited Virtual Office extensions is required for the system to function.
Packet8 Virtual Office offers the services small businesses need most including:
- Customizable auto-attendant providing dial by extension, name or by group
- Local and long distance calling to the US, Canada and other Packet8 subscribers worldwide, as well as access to some of the lowest international rates
- Direct Inward Dial (DID) phone number for each extension
- Conference bridge, music on hold, call park/pick-up, hunt groups
- Business-class voice mail including voicemail to email alerts and one number follow me
- Extension-to-extension dialing anywhere in the world
- One-touch controls for regularly used features such as three-way calling, forwarding, do not disturb, Voicemail, Distinctive Ringing, Call waiting / Caller-ID, and transfer
- Online, real-time monthly billing statements and Optional services such as:
- Receptionist console application
- Virtual phone numbers for any extension
- Toll Free Phone numbers and service.
Virtual Office allows users anywhere in the world to group multiple Packet8 VoIP lines into a virtual business telephone system including a host of PBX features. Virtual Office gives small businesses geographic independence and flexibility, providing feature-rich telephones that bring together dispersed staff to sound like one office location or to appear as satellite offices located all over the world.