LITTLE ROCK, Ark. and SAN DIEGO -Alltel, owner and operator of the nation's largest wireless network, and Kyocera Wireless Corp., a leading global manufacturer of CDMA wireless phones and devices, today announced the availability of two new stylish handsets at Alltel retail stores - a Slider with digital music player, megapixel camera and Bluetooth and a clamshell with digital camera - priced for just about any holiday gifting budget.
"These new phones expand our customers' choices, offer the latest features and at very competitive prices," said Wade McGill, vice president of wireless product management at Alltel.
The phones, their features and pricing:
Kyocera Slider Remix KX5: Digital music player, 1.3 MP camera and Bluetooth
- This sleek, black handset with silver keypad unites a digital music player, high-resolution 1.3 megapixel camera and enhanced Bluetooth capabilities for hands-free talking with a large, vibrant color screen on the phone's signature sliding faceplate. It is a 176x220 pixel, 262,000-color TFT display, ideal for viewing images, surfing the Internet or playing 3D games, which can be downloaded via Alltel Axcess Apps. Includes an expandable memory slot for TransFlashê/microSD cards up to 512Mb for hours of listening at the gym, on the bus or in the office. Removable memory card also allows the latest songs in MP3 or AAC formats to be shared between the phone and other devices.
- Features unique Kyocera ÒpinwheelÓ user interface for easy navigation between the phone's various features. Camera has a built-in flash and 5x digital zoom to expand photo-taking options.
- Customers can get a full suite of Genuine Accessories by Kyocera" including the Kyocera Music Dock, a sync and charging cradle that plays music directly from the phone through any desktop speakers or headphones. Or, there's the Kyocera K500 Gamepad, an eight-directional gaming controller for a console-like gaming experience.
- Phone pricing: $129.99 after a $50 mail-in rebate with two-year service agreement.
"Music phones and Bluetooth are at the top of many holiday wish lists this year and with our popular sliding design, renowned ease of use and the most innovative features, Slider Remix is the perfect choice," said Jim Kelly, executive vice president and chief operating officer at Kyocera Wireless Corp. "The hands-free capability, digital music player and high-resolution camera will appeal to anyone on a gift list - from a student or mother to a major techie."
Kyocera Candid KX16: - Stylish camera phone for any budget
- This clamshell-style color camera phone has a built-in flash and five-step digital zoom. The camera features multi-shot adjustment, auto-focus, self-timer, white balance, color effects adjustment and more.
- Enabled with BREW¨ 2.1, the CDMA2000® 1X-capable Candid KX16 can support Alltel Axcess applications, including downloadable musictones, ringtones, wallpapers and screensavers. The handset also features built-in polyphonic ring tones, screen savers and caller alerts, predictive text input for rapid text messaging and vibrate alert.
- Productivity tools include an extensive contact directory, scheduler, calculator, alarm clock, world clock, stopwatch, tip calculator, countdown timer and voice memos. The handset has a talk time of up to 3.5 hours and standby time of up to 170 hours in digital service areas.
- Priced at $29.99 with a two-year service agreement.
Both phones can utilize Alltel Axcess Mobile Web 2.0 to browse Web sites, send and receive Web-based email, play Web games and receive news, weather, sports alerts and directory information. Axcess Mobile Web can be added to any service plan for $5.99 per month.
Alltel Axcess Messaging Packs give customers the choice of sending and receiving any combination of text, picture, video or instant messages for one low monthly price. Messaging Packs start at $5.99 per month for 300 messages. With the All Axcess Pass, customers receive unlimited text, picture and video messaging in addition to Axcess Mobile Web 2.0 for $19.99 a month.