ATLANTA, May 31 /PRNewswire/ - Cingular is going small in a big way. Cingular Wireless today announced the availability of the Pantech C300 - the world's smallest camera flip phone. The phone is now available exclusively for customers of Cingular's GoPhone, the most innovative and feature-rich prepaid wireless service in the industry.
The Pantech C300 is part of the Pantech Group's unique ?Slim Series? of handsets, which will be offered exclusively in the United States to Cingular customers.
The new phone, Cingular's first offering from Pantech, is just 2.72 inches tall, 1.69 inches wide and only 0.76 inches thick with the flip closed. Nevertheless, it boasts bright, large font color screens, a VGA camera with flash and zoom and such features as MP3 ringtones, SMS/MMS/IM client and email messaging, photo caller ID and others.
?The introduction of the Pantech C300 handset will make Cingular's GoPhone lineup even hotter than it is today. With its small size, cool style and rich features, the Pantech C300 elevates our prepaid products to a new level,? said Judy Cavalieri, vice president of marketing for GoPhone.
?Cingular's GoPhone customers already have access to the same devices that traditional wireless consumers have, and we are pleased to partner with Pantech to expand their options further than ever before,? said Ms. Cavalieri.
Sung Kyu Lee, President & CEO, Pantech Wireless, Inc., said: ?The launch of the C300 in the U.S. represents a huge step forward in the development of Pantech as a global brand. The U.S. is one of the most dynamic mobile markets in the world and we are excited to be working in partnership with Cingular to introduce our new and innovative handsets to American users.?
Cingular also recently announced the addition of its newly enhanced MEdia Net to the GoPhone ?Pick Your Plan? service. Unlike other offerings in the industry, GoPhone MEdia Net offers customers buckets of data which means Cingular GoPhone customers do not have to pay daily charges or per kilobyte rates for prepaid data.
The new data plan is part of a trio of expanded offerings which also includes Cingular World Connect and VoiceDial.
GoPhone consists of two unique service offerings, "Pick Your Plan" and "Pay As You Go." These offerings provide consumers the option of a plan that comes with predictable monthly payments or a traditional prepaid solution. Both GoPhone plans offer most of the same great features as traditional Cingular Wireless plans. Also, any Cingular phone is available for GoPhone customers, or they can choose from several pre-packaged GoPhone options. Additionally, Cingular GoPhone users on select plans can enjoy free mobile-to- mobile calling, giving them unlimited talk time with friends on Cingular's 55- million subscriber base for free.
Pick Your Plan
"Pick Your Plan" is different than any other no long term contract prepaid option in the industry because users have the convenience of a monthly payment without having to sign a long-term contract.
Some benefits include:
- Users can choose between four plans, ranging from $29.99 to $69.99 per month and receive up to 650 minutes per month with unlimited Nights and Weekends, and unlimited Mobile to Mobile calling to all 55 Million Cingular customers, all with no annual contract, credit check or start-up fees. Number of minutes available will vary and is based on customer's location and actual usage.
- Simply establish an automatic monthly payment with a credit card, debit card or checking account that will take place the same day every month. Payments are always the same amount.
- As consumers use their phone, minutes are deducted from the GoPhone account without having to buy a prepaid card
- Keep your unused balance every month with Rollover® Balance™, adding to the freedom and flexibility of GoPhone.
Pay As You Go
The GoPhone "Pay As You Go" plan allows users to experience the benefits of wireless mobility on Cingular's network with no annual contract or credit check and an unlimited Mobile to Mobile calling option to more than 55 million Cingular customers across the United States. The "Pay As You Go" plan is broken into two service options that are tailored to the consumer's mobile needs, providing simplicity and value right out of the box.
1. Unlimited Mobile to Mobile calling to all 55 million Cingular customers for $1 per day and only 10 cents per minute for all other calls ($1.00 per day charged only on days phone is used, which is different than other competitors who charge a per day use even if the product is not used).
2. An alternative is to pay a simple flat rate of only 25 cents per minute for all calls with no additional access charges.
Pay As You Go Universal Refill Card
Cingular's universal prepaid replenishment card allows both new and existing GoPhone prepaid users to replenish their accounts online or at select ATM machines, with debit or credit cards. In addition, prepaid cards are available at more than 60,000 locations, including Cingular retail stores, 7-Eleven, Western Union, Target and Wal-Mart. The card denominations and expirations are as follows:
$15 - 30 days
$25 - 90 days
$50 - 90 days
$75 - 90 days
$100 - 365 days
World's Smallest Camera Flip Phone
The Pantech C300 is the world's smallest camera flip phone based on the dimensions of the phone. The phone is 69X43X19.2 mm, with a weight of only 70 grams. Total volume is 57.0cc.