Reston, Va. ? 08/15/2006 This month consumers and businesses alike will begin to feel the rumble of the engines as Sprint pulls out in front of its competitors by putting the power of its network, the value of its service and its unique innovation to work for the customer.
As part of a larger strategic move to bring together a positioning that empowers customers to do more, Sprint will launch dynamic internal employee campaigns, create new advertising and reveal a new tagline: "Sprint. Power Up."
"Sprint believes its power should be in the hands of the customer, and more importantly, the customer couldn't agree more," said Mark Schweitzer, chief marketing officer for Sprint. "We are holding lightning in a jar ? a powerful network with the largest voice and broadband coverage; the industry's most fair and rich calling plans; and the most innovative devices that deliver the power of virtually any experience you can imagine. With our evolved positioning, we're opening that jar, putting the power of that lightning bolt in the hands of the customer and waking up the rest of the industry."
- Customers want a quality network experience: we've delivered. No-one has a more powerful network than Sprint, making it possible to offer plans with the largest voice calling area, providing the largest mobile broadband coverage, affording the best deals in wireless, delivering a comprehensive suite of unmatched data services and capabilities, allowing customers to make just about any place a workplace and much more. We continue to invest and lead the market in next-generation technology.
- Customers want inherent value in their plans and services: we've delighted. Sprint plans not only meet competitors, but we've gone a step further by doing two things ? offering an industry leading 30-day risk-free guarantee; and unlimited night calling starting at 7 p.m.
- Customers want innovation: we've dominated. From Emmy-award winning content and devices that simply do more, Sprint has been first to market and best to market with: exclusive NFL Mobile access, a music store that boasts nearly 5 million over-the-air downloads, Nextel Walkie-Talkie service, industry-leading GPS services for both businesses and consumers, and a combination of more than 50 channels of live and on demand video programming and more.
Just two years ago, Sprint stepped out and led the industry in its support of customers with the introduction of Sprint Fair & Flexible ? a wireless pricing plan that eliminated unfair overages. Sprint was also the first wireless provider to deliver a managed wireless solution to businesses that included all services on one bill and 24x7 customer service.
No-one has a more Powerful Network than Sprint
- Sprint PCS plans including the largest voice calling area reaching more than 295 million people in the U.S, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and Guam.
- Sprint's mobile broadband network ? the nation's largest mobile broadband network, reaches more than 153 million people today and is expected to reach more than 200 million by the end of the 2006.
- Sprint offers a comprehensive suite of unmatched data services and capabilities.
- The Sprint 30-Day Risk-Free Guarantee: We're now giving you 30 days to try Sprint risk free whether you are activating Sprint PCS or Nextel services. If you are not completely satisfied with Sprint, your service, phone or network, simply return your phone, and deactivate service within the 30 days. We'll return your activation fee and waive your early termination fee, and you will only be responsible for charges based on your actual usage.
- Sprint Fair & Flexible(SM) Plans include night calling starting at 7PM and provide overage protection by automatically adding anytime minutes when you need them most.
- There are seven Sprint Fair & Flexible Individual Plans, which start at 200 anytime minutes for just $29.99 a month.
- Sprint Fair & Flexible Plans have no roaming charges and include unlimited nights and weekends and nationwide long distance.
- With Sprint Fair & Flexible Plans, customers can also take advantage of attachable options, such as Power Vision, Sprint to Home and Text Messaging.
- Pricing can vary by market.
- Sprint also offers Fair and Flexible Plans for Families(SM) starting as low as $59.99 for two phones with unlimited night calling starting at 7 p.m. Plans include Mobile to Mobile calling or Unlimited Walkie-Talkie. Add-a-phone options are also available.
- For businesses, Sprint Business Essentials® offers a simplified approach to wireless voice previously not available to business customers who can now purchase and easily manage their wireless needs at competitive rates. This allows customers to pool and use the minutes of all lines on an account with a Sprint Business Essential plan, plus either unlimited Sprint mobile-to-mobile calling for Nationwide Sprint PCS Network customers, or unlimited nationwide walkie-talkie for customers using the Nextel National Network.
Sprint's dynamic positioning and new advertising campaign will begin to debut this month, demonstrating to new and existing customers the power that they have in their hands ? the power of the Sprint Network, Sprint's unmatched value among competitors and the power to do more and make just about any place a workplace. Sprint. Power Up.