Thanks to Thomas Hsu for submitting these need to know iPhone tips...
- Resetting: Most people out there question what to do after their iPhone or iPod Touch freezes. This is a tip, all you have to do is press and hold the Home and Sleep button until it resets. An apple logo should pop up after you know you have done it.
- Quick URL's: It's a pain to type on the onscreen keyboard. So when typing out URL's while surfing the web on safari, you need to figure out some tricks to get this baby running better. First things first, no need to waste your time typing http://, just skip that step when browsing the internet! The most important thing when entering a URL is this: Do you see that ".com" button? Use it a lot? Well I do. Well, what happens when you have to go to a University's website to add ".edu"? or go to a website that ends in ".org." Here's the answer: When typing a URL and the domain suffix isn't ".com", press and hold the ".com" button and you'll see it pop open with various other options. You'll see it say ".net", ".edu", and ".org." All you have to do is keep your finger depressed on the screen and scroll to whichever one you want.
- Typing Characters: Speak Spanish? Can't do the Ñ? Here's how to do it. Same thing as the URL's, all you got to do is tap and hold on the letters N, I, or E.
- Saving Images from Safari:Do you want that cool image you've found while surfing the web from your new cool iPhone? Here's a tip. All you have to do is tap and hold on the image. A menu will pop up asking if you wish to "Save Image" or "cancel." That's pretty self-explanatory. Click "Save Image" and you can be able to set it as your wallpaper or just save it to your iPhone.
- Double Tapping the Home Button: Ever listen to music and suddenly you need to pause it? Here's a trick: If your iPhone or iPod Touch is on the "Slide to Lock" screen, all you have to do is double tap the Home button and the iPod controls should pop up. You can push pause and there you go! Pausing the music without unlocking your phone!
- Print Screen: Just like a computer, you can take a screenshot of the screen with your iPhone. All you have to do is hold the home button and click the sleep button. The image will automatically be saved to your iPhone.