Though BGR won't divulge his high-level source at AT&T, rumor has it that a new iPhone may be in the works for a June release (in typical Apple fashion, we might add). Confirmed to be "100% correct," the following details were leaked:
- New iPhone announcement around mid-June (duh)
- New iPhone will be faster and have a more seamless experience unmatched by any device (could be just talking about 3.0, but we think it's also a new iPhone)
- U-Verse iPhone application; will allow control of your home DVR (play, pause, rewind, etc.)
- The annual iPhone launch is ?becoming a tradition.?
- Nothing official is being confirmed, but they said that people should prep for an exciting time this summer.
- AT&T is said to be working with Apple to create a unified product with an unparalleled experience across all their products and services.
- Apple's 3.0 software should tell us where the iPhone platform is going? uh, k?
- They said customers shouldn't need to choose from AT&T's high-end devices because of features, they should choose based on preferences. The gap in capability should be filled with the new iPhone. Ok, bets on slide out QWERTY, autofocus camera, video sharing, blah blah?
- Seems like the higher speed HSDPA (7.2Mbps) is being hinted at too which should confirm the earlier rumors of the new Infineon chipset.
- The $99 3G netbook will start selling this summer, and the first one won't be a Windows OS.
With details like that, speculation abounds. What interested me, however, is the potential integration of AT&T's products and services into the device. Could the Apple/AT&T relationship be getting a bit too cozy?