Yet another leaked BlackBerry Storm 9530 OS showed up today from the dark corners of the RIM labs, but on a bright note, it looks like OS 184.108.40.206 may finally be the next official version from Verizon Wireless. I know, I know, Verizon dashed the hopes of Storm owners across the nation when it declined to formally launch 220.127.116.11, but various posts on Crackberry's forums from individuals that are "in-the-loop" lend credence to the idea that .148 is undergoing official testing by Big Red. Additionally, BGR has gotten his hands on some intel stating that Verizon is working on testing a "new version" of OS 4.7. If you put the two together, you get 18.104.22.168.
For your viewing pleasure, the change log can be found below:
- Enhancements to prevent some rare occasions, where the viewfinder of the camera may have remained enabled and caused the device to become unresponsive.
- Enhancements to prevent intermittent resets under various circumstances.
- Enhancements to prevent some cases where when using a wired headset while on a call, you may not have been able to change the audio path to handset or speakerphone.
- Enhancements to prevent some occasions where when receiving a voice call, the device may have displayed a blank screen.
- Enhancements to prevent some occasions where when receiving a voice call while on another voice call, the device may have not displayed the Caller ID of the incoming call
- Enhancements to prevent the condition where when the battery became low enough that the connection to the wireless network was turned off, when the device was plugged back into the charger, the connection might not have turned back on automatically once the battery was sufficiently charged.
- Enhancements to prevent when exiting standby mode, pressing any of the four hard keys would unlock the device. Password-disabled devices will not exit standby mode unless the lock key is pressed to unlock the device.
- Enhancements to prevent some rare occurrences where the device might freeze when receiving an incoming call.
- Enhancements to prevent some rare occurrences where a phone call was placed when the device was in lock mode and the user tried to open the virtual keyboard, the keyboard might not have displayed.
- Enhancements to prevent some occasions where when a user changed the Camera color to any effect, the changes might not have been saved as expected.
- Enhancements to prevent an occurrence where if the user was playing an mp3 song on the device at full volume and received an e-mail message while the song was playing, the audio might have been permanently lowered as a result of a problem with the audio boost feature and the user may have been required to set the ring tone to vibrate so as not to receive audible alerts when an e-mail message is received.
- Enhancements to prevent some occurrences where if a user was listening to music on the Media Player at the maximum level and received an audio notification that they have received an e-mail, SMS or BlackBerry Messenger message and then the song continued to play, the volume level at which the song was playing might have decreased and the user might not have been able to increase it.
- Enhancements to prevent some occurrences where when a user would try to create a custom profile and browse through the tones, the device would not play preview sounds. If the user clicked on the TRY button, it would not play the preview sound.
- Enhancements to prevent some rare occurrences where the device would display a blank white screen when receiving an incoming call.
Update: OS 22.214.171.124 can be downloaded here. Keep in mind that this OS is not an official release, and as a result, damage can occur. PhoneDog is not responsible for any damage to your device.