When you have a flagship device, it's probably a good thing to push out firmware updates as quickly as errors are found - and that's exactly what Palm seems to be doing with the Pre. Available today, webOS update 1.0.3 addresses a number of issues, including the following:
- Events created in your Google calendar?either in Calendar on your phone or in Google online'that contain a symbol or accented character in the event name can now synchronize. Previously, including a symbol or accented character in an event name prevented the event from synchronizing.
- Changes made to Google events on the phone now sync with Google online within a few minutes.
- The sync interval for Google events has been decreased from every few hours to every 15 minutes.
- If you create a weekday alarm on a weekend, the alarm sounds only on weekdays. Previously the alarm would sound on the weekend also.
- Changes made to Google contacts on the phone now sync with Google online within a few minutes.
- The sync interval for Google contacts has been decreased from every few hours to every 15 minutes.
- Power performance in areas where wireless coverage is sporadic or unavailable has been enhanced.
- Non-SSL Exchange ActiveSync (EAS) mail servers are now supported.
- Miscellaneous updates for Email, Phone, and other applications.
It's nice to see that Palm is taking the launch of their main device seriously.
Source: Engadget Mobile