Though I can't say for sure if this is a comprehensive list of all of the Verizon-branded devices to launch this year (I hope not, since the Touch Pro2, among others, is missing in action), it's certainly a start to the wireless rumor mill. Supposedly, the list below is Verizon's device rollout schedule for the next few months, courtesy of "SnapDude."
- LG Chocolate Touch VX8575 - The fourth Chocolate-branded device in Verizon's lineup, rumors are circulating around a full touchscreen, much like the BL40.
- BlackBerry Storm 2 9550 - Expected in the October/November timeframe, not in the summer, as originally thought.
- Nokia Shade 2705 - Entry-level device, replacing the Mirage 2605.
- Nokia Twist 7705 - Rumored to be the swivel Nokia device that was speculated on earlier in the year.
- Palm Treo 800W - A little late to the game; slated to launch in February 2010 (almost two years after Sprint launched the device, we might add).
- Motorola Entice (possibly Harmony) W766 - Replacement to the W755.
- Samsung Rogue U960 - Replacement to the Samsung Glyde (and hopefully, its numerous bugs)
- Samsung U450 - Details are sparse, but the U450 will offer access to Verizon's Mobile TV service (MediaFLO)
- Samsung Strut U440 - Will offer a full QWERTY keyboard.
- Samsung Omnia II i920 - Replacing the original Omnia, the i920 is slated to be out by Christmas.
Of course, no list would be complete without Push To Talk devices:
- Motorola V860
- Samsung Convoy U640
- Casio Rock C731
- Casio Brigade C741
While we're on the topic of potential device launches, I should mention our new PhoneDog Tip Line. If you have further information about the devices listed above - or any wireless rumors, for that matter - shoot us an e-mail!