All kinds of leaked Verizon Android news today, huh? Here's the juiciest bit to date, thanks to AndroidGuys (via MobileCrunch).
DISCLAIMER: This is a rumor about a leaked document. Which means it could be totally made up or otherwise inaccurate. For entertainment purposes only. Do not take out another reverse amortizing mortgage to fund a stock purchase based on this post, okay?
Motorola is holding a MOTODEV Android press event next Tuesday, October 6. That much is true. Here comes the leaked/speculative part:
- Moto's second Android device, the Verizon-bound "Tao" (or "Droid' or "Codename: Sholes," whatever it's to be called) will be in stores on December 1st of this year.
- Tao, as I'll call it for now, will launch with Android 2.0 "Eclair," and will NOT feature the MOTOBLUR widget collection found on the Moto CLIQ.
- The phone will be powered by a OMAP3430 – 600 MHz ARM Cortex A8 with a PowerVR SGX 530 GPU and 430MHz C64x+ DSP + ISP (Image Signal Processor)
- Tao will be super-slim for a QWERTY slider, at just 13.7mm thick.
- Tao will also rock a giant 3.7" touchscreen with 854 x 480 resolution (16:9 widescreen) at 16 million colors.
- The phone's browser will support Flash.
- Tao will also feature a 5 MP camera with autofocus, dual LED flash and video capture. You'll also get USB 2, a standard 3.5mm headphone jack, and both EV-DO and WiFI data.
- Memory-wise, you'll get 16GB of onboard storage. But that's not all - the device will come packaged with an 8GB microSD memory card, and will have a microSD expansion slot. Yeah, you could have figured that last bit out on your own, huh?
Super hot. If this all pans out? Super duper hot.