PhoneDog is hiring, and we want YOU! If you're passionate about wireless technology and have a penchant for writing, keep reading for more information on how to apply!
Here are the things that you need to know:
- We want individuals who can offer engaging, thoughtful content.
- You must be well-versed in how to utilize periods, commas, and how to spell correctly. Needless to say, that kind of stuff is essential.
- You must be reliable, responsible, and trustworthy. The position will require reqular research and fact checking, and we'll be checking your work from time to time as well. Plagiarism is not acceptable.
- Previous writing/blogging experience is highly desired, but not required.
- A great attitude is essential for the position.
Note: This is not a paid gig at this time. but an opportunity for people who want to break into the online journalism field and/or have a passion for the wireless industry.
Here's what you need to include in your e-mail:
- Submit three posts in the PhoneDog writing style. We're not going to publish them to the website, but we want to get an idea of your writing style and "voice" (i.e. how well you can do this whole tech thing).
- List your top three favorite gadgets/phones (not included in your sample posts), and why you enjoy them.
- Tell us how much time per week you can commit to writing for the website.
- Send us any questions that you may have about the position.
- Tell us where you're located.
- Tell us your age (note: must be 13 or older for consideration).
- Include your contact information and the best time/way to reach you.
A few additional details:
- DO NOT send attachments. If you do, we'll ignore the e-mail.
- Don't send writing from other websites that you've worked with in the past.
- PhoneDog is written in English - please make sure your e-mail is too.
- Due to the large volume of e-mails that we receive, we won't be responding to everyone. If we're interested, we'll get in touch. If you don't hear back, it doesn't mean that you're a bad writer - we're just looking for different writing styles.
Send your e-mail to email@example.com. Good luck!