Heads up, Samsung DROID Charge owners: Verizon is about to roll out an update for your device that you may be interested in. The EE4 update packs several bug fixes and enhancements, including improved battery life during phone calls and better browser performance. The full list is as follows:
- Improved battery life when placing a voice call.
- Easily return calls within the call log entry by pressing the phone icon.
- Outgoing calls from the Visual Voice Mail application will be placed properly.
- Pressing and holding the ‘1’ key will automatically route the user to the Voice Mail service (*86).
- Audio has been adjusted to avoid ‘No Audio’ or ‘Screeching Sounds’.
Web browsing and Data access
- Accurately detect and connect to the Verizon Wireless 4G LTE or 3G network.
- Enhanced browser performance.
Email and Messaging
- A new Email folder structure has been implemented. When a subfolder exists under a current Email folder, an arrow will appear to the right of the folder icon. When a user touches the arrow, the folder system will expand to show all subfolders available for selection.
- When an Exchange password has been modified, the device will direct the user to the password screen to adjust the saved password accordingly.
- Improvements in the Email and Calendar sync.
Additional Device Features
- Restoration of Mobile Hotspot capability.
- When in USB Mass Storage mode (UMS), the device will be recognized immediately when plugged into a PC.
- Device recognizes ringtones purchased from the Verizon Wireless website.
- Improvements in GPS performance.
Kind of a bummer that there's no Gingerbread to be found, but hey, we're not ones to turn down a bug fix update when one rolls around. DROID Charge owners, be on the lookout for the EE4 update and remember to come back and let us know how it's working for you once you get it installed!
Via VZBuzz, Verizon (PDF link)