Get excited, Motorola DROID X2 owners! Just a hair over a week after we learned that the DX2 was about to take part in a soak test that many thought was for the device's Gingerbread update, Verizon has posted all of the details of the new software in handy PDF form on its website. The update, which is build number 1.3.232 and weighs in at 101MB, includes goodies like the newest version of MotoBlur Motorola's Applications Platform like the one found one the DROID 3, improvements in the screen display, and improved stability to reduce device resets. You can find the full list of improvements below.
All in all it sounds like a pretty worthwhile update, no? Unfortunately, we haven't heard any reports of anyone actually receiving the update just yet. When Verizon posted the support PDF for the DROID Incredible 2's Gingerbread update earlier this month, the new software didn't actually start rolling out until a few days later, so we might have to wait just a tad longer before the DROID X2's Android 2.3 update actually begins hitting users' handsets. If any of you DX2 owners feel like trying to manually pull the update down, though, head into your Settings menu, hit About phone, then go into System updates and hit Download. Just be sure to come back and let us know if you're able to yank some Gingerbread from the sky, k?
- Download Manager App: New App to manage all of your downloads from web browsing, email attachments and other apps.
- Multi-Touch Key-Chording: New ability to enter numbers and symbols with keyboard shortcut combos, instead of having to change to the numeric keyboard mode.
- Improved Word Selection and Copy Functionality: New capability to select a word via press-hold. A second press of the selected word copies the selected characters.
- New User Interface and Color Scheme: New widgets, icons and screens with refreshed colors.
- Security: Added Device and SD Card encryption. VPN enhancements integrate IPSec VPN clients into device security settings.
- Updated Calendar Options: Display Calendar and event times in your home time zone when traveling. Dismiss individual reminders, such as dismissing one meeting reminder without dismissing other meeting reminders. Easy conference dialing – simply dial and automatically enter a conference code directly from your Calendar.
- Google Books is now preloaded.
- Geo-tagging features available for camera applications.
- Improvements in screen display reduce screen locking up and turning black.
- HDMI indicator clears if cable is connected and an application is started.
- No longer receive duplicate SMS messages.
- After Mobile Directory Number (MDN) change, device no longer performs data reset.
- On the home screen, icons and widgets display properly.
- Fixed interruption when unlocking device.
- Improved stability reduces device resets.
- Correct device battery percentage is displayed.
- VZ Navigator works simultaneously with Wi-Fi.
- Easily subscribe or cancel a subscription to Visual Voice Mail.
- Home tray icons can be customized.
- When device is placed in car dock, device no longer plays loud sound.
- Enhanced User Interface provides improved screen transitions.
- Receive MMS sound notifications while on a call.
- Addition of Vibrate icon.
Via Droid-Life, Verizon