Yesterday HTC promised that the Verizon ThunderBolt would still be getting an update to Android 2.3 Gingerbread this month, but it stopped short of actually giving up an exact start date for the roll out. That much hasn't changed, but earlier today the folks at Verizon posted the change log for the TBolt's Gingerbread update — build number 2.11.605.3 — on its support site, adding credence to HTC's claim that the new software is coming soon. You can find the full list of enhancements, bug fixes, and other goodies below.
ThunderBolt owners have had a bit of a rough go lately as they've had to wade through months of Android 2.3 rumors while watching their Incredible and Incredible 2-toting buddies get bumped to Android 2.3. Thankfully, the TBolt's update should be here within the next few days to silence the cries of "When is the ThunderBolt getting Gingerbread?!" and (hopefully) make your phone better in the process. We'll be sure to pass along the deets on the update's roll out as we get them.
- Download Manager App: New App to manage all of your downloads from web browsing, email attachments and other apps.
- App and Power Management Details: Under Manage Applications, a new “Running” tab displays a list of active applications and the storage and memory being used by each. Power efficiency mode option has also been added under Settings > Power.
- New Desktop User Interface: New widgets, icons and screens with refreshed colors.
- Dock Icons: Static Phone, App Launcher and Contacts icons are replaced within a customizable dock. Three swappable icons and the App Launcher icon are fixed to the Dock at the bottom of all home screen panels for easy and instant access.
Additional device features:
- Alarm notifications will no longer appear while in Emergency Mode.
- Improved data connectivity.
- Improved audio quality while using Bluetooth®.
- Decreased wait time when saving audio attachments.
- V CAST Tones now comes preloaded.
- New Google Books app.
- Enhanced UI for data roaming.
- SMS messages send to correct recipient.
- Reduced Force Close errors while using TuneWiki.
- Reduced Force Close errors when using the front camera.
- Audio on BT Car Kit no longer reroutes to phone when receiving a SMS message.
Via DroidDog, Verizon