Heads up, DROID X2 owners: it looks like that update that we told you about last week is now making its way to users over the air. The new software is build number 1.3.380 and includes a boatload of bug fixes, including one improvement that will stop the DX2 from locking up or rebooting while the keyboard is being used. Sounds like a pretty important update to me. The full change log is available below.
If you're a DROID X2 owner that hasn't had the 55MB update pushed to your handset yet, you can try to manually pull it by going to Menu > Settings > About phone > System updates. Once the update does make it to your neck of the woods, be sure to give us a shout in the comments below and let us know how it's working for you!
- Keyboard remains visible during text input.
- Input characters are properly displayed during text entry.
- Device will no longer lockup or reset when using the keyboard.
- Charging indicator will display only when the device is plugged into a charger.
- Home key functions correctly while the device is in the desktop cradle.
- Successfully use the camera after unlocking the device.
- Video quality has been improved for video recording and playback.
- Mobile Hotspot password can now exceed 63 characters.
- Improvement to the device stability limits resets and lockups.
- The Magic Smoke live wallpaper animation now works properly.
- Enjoy improved audio when streaming music.
Applications & Widgets
- When playing MP3s through the Music App, songs will not skip.
- Avoid YouTube video lockup while viewing.
- Desktop cradle application starts correctly.
- No longer receive an error message when purchasing the Let’s Golf App.
Via Android Central