That didn't take long. Just a day after Verizon posted the changelog for the HTC ThunderBolt's new Gingerbread update, the carrier has announced that the software is now making its way to users over the air. The update is build number 2.11.605.5, weighs in at 146.4MB, and not only contains Android 2.3 goodies and a number of improvements involving things like data connectivity, but it also includes fixes for the bugs that were introduced in the previous TBolt Android 2.3 update. The full 2.11.605.5 changelog is available for you below.
If you're a ThunderBolt owner that has yet to be notified of this bakery fresh version of Gingerbread, you can hit Menu > Settings > Software Update > Check New to try and pull the new software manually. TBolters, be sure to give us a shout in the comments below once you get the update installed to let us know how it's working and if all of the issues from the last version have been ironed out.
- Download Manager App: New App to manage all of your downloads from web browsing, email attachments and other apps.
- App and Power Management Details: Under Manage Applications, a new “Running” tab displays a list of active applications and the storage and memory being used by each. Power efficiency mode option has also been added under Settings > Power.
- New Desktop User Interface: New widgets, icons and screens with refreshed colors.
- Full Dock Mode App: This App includes three shortcuts at the bottom: Gallery, Music and Calendar. In addition, this mode showcases Friend Stream updates, upcoming meeting invites, notifications, weather clock and has a slide show as the background wallpaper. Within this App, a user can also enable the mobile hotspot in dock mode.
Additional device features:
- Alarm notifications will no longer appear while in Emergency Mode.
- Improved security features that reduce device vulnerability.
- Improved data connectivity.
- Improved audio quality while using Bluetooth®.
- Bluetooth security patch has been included.
- Decreased wait time when saving audio attachments.
- Basic voicemail notification will now notify when a new voicemail has been received.
- V CAST Tones now comes preloaded.
- New Google Books app.
- Enhanced UI for data roaming.
- SMS messages will no longer send to incorrect recipient on rare occasions.
- Reduced Force Close errors while using TuneWiki.
- Reduced Force Close errors when using the front camera.
- Audio on BT Car Kit no longer reroutes to phone when receiving a SMS message.