Many folks are likely happy to see Thursday roll around since it means that the weekend is nearly here, but Motorola Atrix HD owners have another reason to celebrate on this fine day. Motorola has announced a new software update for the Atrix HD, and while there's no Jelly Bean to be found quite yet, there are a number of improvements that users ought to appreciate. Included in the update are things like enhancements to Wi-Fi connectivity, optimized battery performance and improved low light performance in the camera. The full changelog from Moto is available at the bottom of this post.
This new update will bring the Atrix HD up to software version 77.12.22, and any users that haven't already received a notification to install it can check for the update manually by heading into Settings > About phone > System updates. The update sounds like a nice bundle of bug fixes, so if you've got an Atrix HD that calls your gadget utility belt (or even just your pocket) home, grab that thing and get to updating. We'll be waiting in the comments below for you to tell us all about the update once you're done.
- Wi-Fi: Improvements in WI-FI to allow for stronger connections in more places.
- Battery: Optimized Battery performance and metering for longer battery life
- The camera changes include improvements for low light performance, reduced blurriness, and better color accuracy.
- Bar code scanning applications like AT&T code scanner will have a higher rate of accuracy on 1st scan.
- Optimized EA/Gameloft games performance.
- With Spotify Market Application, when skipping to the next song, the player will no longer pause.
- Streaming: Optimized playback of Widevine streaming content which does not impact most of the streaming content available today.
- Live Wallpaper:
- Removed Not Supported Live Wallpaper 1) Color Bands, 2) Forest 3)Triangulations.
- Software update will revert to Factory default Wallpaper if one of the above three is user selected prior to the update.
- Location: Corrected functionality for Fixed pictures being Geo Tagged when settings has it disabled.
- New and Updated Apps: Added latest versions of AT&T apps (Smart Wi-Fi, YPmobile), Pre Loaded apps (Quickoffice), and Google apps (Chrome, Google+, Maps, Gmail, Play Store, Street View).
- Security: Implemented Latest Google Security Patches.
Via Android Police, Motorola