If you've got a Pebble smartwatch that calls your wrist "home," then you'll want to fire up the Pebble app on your smartphone and download the new firmware that's just been released. Pebble says that the new firmware will bump its watch up to version 1.14, bringing with it a handy new "Do Not Disturb" feature that can block notifications for a set period of time. Also included in the new PebbleOS v1.14 firmware is an updated Alarms app, better iOS performance and several bug fixes. Here's the full list of changes:
- Do Not Disturb: Block notifications for a set period of time (from Pebble: Settings » Notifications » Do Not Disturb).
- Alarms app update: Create multiple Alarms, toggle Alarms on/off, and edit existing Alarms.
- New “Snooze Alarm”: Customizable via the Pebble Alarms app.
- Improved Notification Control: Specify what notifications are displayed (Notifications On, Phone Calls Only, or Notifications Off). Notification settings are now accessible more quickly through a dedicated menu (Settings » Notifications).
- Improved iOS performance: Notifications are now sent more quickly from your iOS device to Pebble. After exiting Airplane Mode, Pebble will now search for connectable iOS devices immediately, instead of waiting one minute.
- Fixed an issue where Pebble may enter “Recovery Mode” immediately after updating to 1.13 firmware.
- Fixed an issue affecting some iOS Pebblers experiencing dropped Bluetooth connections, a few seconds after connecting.
- Fixed an issue where Caller ID data would not display on Pebble after receiving a missed call.
- Fixed Bluetooth data transfer reliability issues, particularly during a firmware update.
- Fixed an issue where Pebble would sometimes keep vibrating after dismissing or answering a phone call.
That's a pretty nice changelog, and I'm betting that many Pebble users are happy to finally have a Do Not Disturb mode for those times when they don't want alerts being sent to their wrist. The new v1.14 firmware is now available and can be downloaded by firing up the Pebble app on your Android or iOS smartphone. Don't forget to swing by the comments section below once you've installed the update so that you can tell us all about it!