December has been a big month for Fleksy. During the first week of the month, it celebrated its first birthday, and now the company is releasing a major v5.0 update.
Fleksy’s version 5.0 update is now rolling out to both Android and iOS, bringing with it a number of new features. The Android app update brings with it a Material Design makeover, complete with a Material theme, as well as improved background cloud syncing. Meanwhile, the iOS app is getting some stability and performance improvements. Both apps are also getting extensions:
- GIFs – The GIFs Extension allows you to discover and send GIFs as easily as emoji. Browse curated categories, or search for your own. No matter what you’re doing, your favorite GIFs are just a tap away.
- Launcher – Turn Fleksy into an Android Launcher with the Launcher Extension. Instantly navigate to your most frequently-used apps, right from the Fleksy keyboard! *Android-only.
- One-Handed Typing – Love that big new iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus screen, but have trouble typing one-handed? The One-Handed Typing Extension makes Fleksy easy to reach, even on those big screens. *iOS-only.
- Editor/Cursor Control – Use the Editor Extension for quick and easy editing and formatting. Press and drag on the spacebar to move your cursor, or use the Extension bar to copy/paste, indent, and much more! Cursor Control on iOS allows you to press and drag on spacebar to control your cursor.
- Number Row – Tired of needing to toggle the number pad while typing? Type faster and more comfortably by adding the Number Row Extension.
- Keyboard Shortcuts – Add the Keyboard Shortcuts Extension to your Fleksy Keyboard on Android for the fastest typing experience yet. Save shortcuts and turn things like “omw” to “on my way!”. *Android-only (iOS users can use the iOS shortcuts functionality with Fleksy).
- Rainbow Key Pops – Love showing your Fleksy colors? Add the Rainbow Key Pops Extension and every key you tap will pop with a new vibrant color!
- Invisible Keyboard – Fleksy is so accurate you can type without even seeing the keyboard! With the Invisible Keyboard Extension, you can turn Fleksy completely transparent, letting you see ALL of your screen while you type. *Android-only.
So yeah, this is a pretty big Fleksy update. If you’ve already got the app on your Android or iOS device, you should be able to grab the update soon. If not, you can grab it at the links below for $1.99 for Android or $0.99 for iOS.