Good news, Galaxy users! Just days after Samsung’s Galaxy S4 began receiving Android 5.0 in Russia, the Galaxy S5 is now getting its own taste of Lollipop.
Verizon is now pushing Android 5.0 to its version of the Samsung Galaxy S5, software version LRX21T.G900VVRUBNLC. The update brings Material Design changes, including an updated Recent Apps menu and new-look notifications, refreshed TouchWiz apps with a “brighter look and feel”, and more.
Some Galaxy S5 owners were a bit flustered by the news that the Galaxy S4 began receiving its Lollipop update before their particular GS5 model, so it’s nice to see that the GS5’s Android 5.0 update is now rolling out more widely. And now that Verizon is pushing the update to its customers, hopefully we’ll see more U.S. carriers follow suit in the near future.
If you haven’t gotten the update on your Verizon Galaxy S5 yet, you can check for it by heading into Settings > About phone > Software updates > Check for Updates. Be sure to let us know when Android 5.0 hits your Verizon Galaxy S5!
- Android Lollipop brings the all-new material design offering fluid animations, vivid colored- themes, and 3-D views for a more pleasurable experience
- Bolder color and more fluid animations
- The on/off toggle button style updated based on material design
- The shortcuts for both Phone and Camera are provided for convenience
- Material design-inspired notifications
- Ability to set priority and privacy for notifications on lock screen
- Provide music control as a card to utilize the real estate of the lock screen UI
- Brighter look and feel, bold colors, fluid animation inspired by material design.￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼
FLOATING ACTION BUTTON
- Floating action buttons provide easy access to the app’s most important features, such as adding a new contact or favorite, or composing a text message.￼￼￼
- Interruptions give you more advanced options to control your sound settings
- Priority notifications such as events and reminders, phone calls, and messages can be set up to sound or vibrate while all other notifications are muted.
- Set downtime for specific days and times to control notification sounds automatically
- Easy access to your Chrome tabs right from the Recent apps page
- Multi-window icons for ease-of-use during multi-tasking