Verizon Galaxy Note 4 owners, it’s Lollipop time!
Verizon has posted the changelog for its Galaxy Note 4 Android 5.0 update, which includes a number of new features for users to try out. Those include a refreshed user interface based on Lollipop, Smart Lock, lock screen notifications, and Advanced Calling 1.0. That last feature is Verizon’s version of Voice over LTE (VoLTE), giving users higher quality voice calls, simultaneous voice and data, and much more.
Verizon hasn’t announced when this update will begin rolling out to its Galaxy Note 4-toting customers, but now that this support document is live, I wouldn’t be surprised if the push begins shortly. To check for it yourself, you can head into Settings > About Phone > Software Updates > Check for Updates. You’ll need at least 1.7GB of free memory to install the update, so be sure to check your free storage before updating.
The full changelog for Verizon’s Note 4 Lollipop update is below.
- Style updated to align with Android Lollipop OS
- Bolder color, fluid animation effects, and interactions based on Lollipop • The On/Off toggle button style updated based on material design
- Action pop-ups updated to bottom sheet
- ‘Blocking mode’ removed (replaced with ‘Do not disturb’ feature).
- ‘Sound’ text updated to ‘Sound and notification’
- Volume controls moved up to first menu depth
- ‘Notification’ sub-header added with’Do not disturb’, ‘While locked’ and ‘Application notifications’ options
- Security: ‘Smart Lock’ feature added
- Accessibility & Vision: ‘Switch Access’ menu added to allows user to control device using configurable key combinations
LOCK SCREEN & NOTIFICATIONS
- Material design-inspired notifications have been implemented.
- Ability to set priority and privacy for notifications on lock screen.
FLOATING ACTION BUTTON
- Floating action button (+) has been added in various applications to promote a specific action, such as adding a new event, adding a new contact, or composing a new message.
- Camera: ‘Recording mode’ has been removed from Settings; Slow motion’ and ‘Fast motion’ were added to Camera Mode.
- World Clock: The Search option has been simplified
- S Health: Three opaque widgets added to S Health folder (Coach and two additional pedometer styles)
- Galaxy Essentials: Added Galaxy Gifts deep link button into bottom of Galaxy Essentials list
- Google Search Widget is now opaque
ADVANCED CALLING 1.0
- Updated style of keypad with brighter look and feel, bold colors and fluid animation inspired by material design
- Added Advanced Calling video button
- ‘Video calls’ sub-header and ‘Video calling’ option added to ‘Call’ menu
- ‘Advanced Calling’ menu added to Settings