Windows Insiders, it’s time once again to grab a Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview update.
Microsoft is now pushing build 10586.71 to members of its Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview program. This is another Cumulative Update, which means that it’s focused on squashing bugs, not adding new features. The update is now rolling out to members of the Fast Ring and includes the following tweaks:
- Windows Update performance and reliability improvements
- Improvements in migration of data profiles and messaging settings when upgraded from Windows Phone 8.1.
- SensorCore API’s are now upgraded correctly from Windows Phone 8.1; allowing applications, including many fitness applications, to correctly access movement data.
- SD card detection has been improved on boot and after insertion; File Explorer now handles the removal of an SD card when the default for apps or photos are set to SD.
- Improvements in the Edge browser, including PDF rendering.
- Bluetooth improvements when re-connecting to already paired devices and cars; turn by turn directions, and when using Cortana with the Microsoft Band.
- Improvements in Settings when downloading Maps or changing Quick Settings.
- Reinstalling Groove Music from the Windows Store no longer causes DRM music playback issues. Groove Music local song collections are now more quickly imported within the application
- Device power improvements after listening to music, after missed phone calls when iris detection is disabled, and when downloading updates.
- In app purchases now work correctly when cellular data is disabled.
- Improvements to the reliability of Kids Corner.
Getting a boatload of bug fixes may not be quite as exciting as getting new features to play with, but fixes are just as important because they make using your phone a smoother, more stable experience. And isn’t a smooth and stable experience something that you want from the device that keeps you connected to the world day in and day out?
If you’re in the Fast Ring of the Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview, you can get this update by going into Settings > Update & security > Phone update.