After launching in the U.S. earlier this year with Android 5.1, the Honor 5X is now getting an update to Marshmallow.
Huawei says that the Honor 5X’s update to Android 6.0 is rolling out over the air. The update adds the usual Marshmallow goodies, like Google Now on Tap and Doze mode battery optimizations, as well as Huawei’s EMUI 4.0 user interface. With EMUI 4.0, you’ll get Motion Control features like flipping your phone to mute it or double-taping the sleeping screen to wake it.
Huawei’s full list of EMUI 4.0 features looks like this:
An easier way to access your phone. When your screen is on standby, touch the screen in various motions to initiate different functions.
- Draw an “M” on your inactive screen to open your music app.
- Double-tap from a dark screen to wake up your phone.
- Flip your phone over to mute incoming calls, timers and alarms. Perfect for snoozing!
- Personalize your navigation experience by customizing the order of icons in your navigation bar. You also have the option to add a notification panel icon.
- With so much information on your phone, shortcuts are the key to help you get things done. Drag actions make it easy for you to view and hide the important things. Drag top down on left side to show notifications. When you drag top down on the right side, you’ll see your shortcuts.
- The One-Hand Mode alters the UI to make using your device with a single hand much easier. Simply swipe left or right at the button of the screen to use the phone with your left or right hand only.
Honor 5X Made Easy
We’ve also included additional features to create a smoother and efficient experience in the Honor 5X.
- Pinch out on an open screen to quickly show any of your hidden apps.
- Pull down on the open Home screen for a quick, universal search of apps, contacts and messages.
- Instantly add apps to your folders. Simply press the “Add” button in the folder and checkmark the apps you’d like to include.
- EMUI 4.0 shows the battery percentage next to the battery icon so you know when it’s time to recharge!