In the new video, Tim Baxter, President and COO of Samsung Electronics America, says that Samsung “did not meet the standard of excellence” that consumers expect from the company with regard to the Galaxy Note 7 battery defect. Baxter goes on to say that Samsung will work to earn back consumers’ trust.
Later in the video, Baxter says that there have been 130,000 Galaxy Note 7s returned so far. The U.S. CPSC’s recall affects one million Note 7 units in the U.S., so the majority of Note 7 units that are being recalled are still in the wild.
Baxter goes on to say that the new Note 7 is safe and that a “recognized, independent lithium ion battery expert” has affirmed that Samsung’s battery cell issue is resolved. The video ends with Baxter urging current Note 7 owners to exchange their devices and confirming that new Note 7s will be available no later than Sept. 21.
The Galaxy Note 7s that are on the market currently are potentially dangerous, and Samsung has said that it’s already gotten 92 reports of overheating devices. With this video, the company is urging its customers to power down and return their Note 7s so that that video doesn’t grow larger.
You can check out Samsung’s full video at the link below.