OnePlus 2 owners, you’ve got a holiday gift coming your way.
OnePlus is now pushing an OxygenOS 3.5.5 update to the OnePlus 2. This update includes quite a few tweaks, like support for VoLTE on select carriers, an updated OxygenOS UI, Android security patches, and bug fixes.
Here’s the list of tweaks provided by OnePlus:
- Enabled VoLTE functionality for select carriers
- Added App Lock
- Added Battery Saving Mode ( Settings > Battery > More )
- Added Gaming Mode ( Settings > Developer Options )
- Added Additional Options for the Alert Slider.
- Redesign of the Volume Adjustment Bar
- Shelf Optimizations
- Updated OxygenOS UI
- Updated Interface and UI of the Clock app
- Updated Android Security Patch Level to 1/12/16
- Increased System Stability
- General Bug Fixes
The folks at OnePlus also shared a few important notes about this OxygenOS 3.5.5 update:
- Clock, Calculator and Messages will be REPLACED by stock OnePlus apps if you have never updated the corresponding Google apps. But you can download these apps from Google in the Play Store even after the replacement.
- Many of the phone settings will be restored to default after upgrading to 3.5.5, for instance device name, ring tones, accent colours and status bar battery indication will all be reverted to default settings.
- After updating to 3.5.5, basic functions like WiFi connectivity, Network and Fingerprint might be affected if users flash back to 3.1.0. Users will have to use a special 3.1.0 downgrading version and flashing tool that will wipe all data from the phone. You should backup if you want to revert to older versions from 3.5.5 without losing data.
This looks like a pretty spiffy update for OnePlus 2 owners. Not only are they getting tweaks to make their phone run more smoothly and increase its security, but they’re also receiving some user-facing tweaks like an updated UI.
The OxygenOS 3.5.5 update is incremental, meaning that it’ll hit a small number of OnePlus 2 units today and will reach more in the coming days. Keep an eye out for it.