Google today shared its latest Android platform distribution numbers, and Nougat has crossed a major milestone.
Usage of Android Nougat has surpassed 10 percent, shows Google’s stats. Android 7.0 accounted for 10.6 percent of devices that accessed the Play Store during the 7-day period ending July 6th, while Android 7.1 was on 0.9 percent of devices. That gives Nougat a total usage of 11.5 percent, up from 9.5 percent last month.
Android 6.0 Marshmallow grew this month, too, gaining 0.6 percent to finish at 31.8 percent. Android Lollipop (5.0 and 5.1) wasn’t so lucky, slipping 0.7 percent to finish at 30.1 percent usage.
Android 4.4 KitKat slid 1 percent from last month to this month to finish at 17.1 percent, while Android Jelly Bean (4.1-4.3) dropped 0.7 percent and ended with 8.1 percent usage. Rounding things out is Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich and Android 2.3 Gingerbread, both of which dropped 0.1 percent to finish with 0.7 percent.
Nougat is still a ways off from being the most widely used version of Android, but it’s still good to see its usage growing month after month. Not only is it good for Android devices to be on the latest version of Android for the security patches, but it’s also nice to have the new features that come with an update to 7.0 or 7.1.
Which version of Android are you currently running?