After going through several beta releases, iOS 12.3 is now ready for public consumption.
iOS 12.3 is now available to download. It's compatible with iPhone 5s and later, iPad mini 2 and later, iPad Air and later, iPad 5th gen and later, the iPad Pro models, and the iPod touch 6th generation. To download it, launch the Settings app on your iOS device, select "General", then tap on "Software Update".
Included with the update to iOS 12.3 is a refreshed TV app. It's got a streamlined user interface and new machine learning-based recommendations. There's also a new "Channels" section that'll help you subscribe to various video streaming services and watch content from them without jumping between third-party apps. Some of the services available in Channels include HBO, Showtime, CBS All Access, Nickelodeon, Epix, and Starz.
Other features of Apple's new TV app include Family Sharing, which lets up to six family members share subscriptions using their Apple ID and password, and the ability to download shows and movies for offline viewing. There's also a dedicated Kids section that highlights handpicked shows and movies for children.
Apple is releasing watchOS 5.2.1 for the Apple Watch today, too. Apple says that this update adds the ECG app and irregular heart rhythm notfications in Croatia, Czech Republic, Iceland, Poland, and Slovakia. The update also fixes an issue where the numbers on the Explorer watch face wouldn't appear. You can update to watchOS 5.2.1 by going into the Watch app on your iPhone, selecting "General", then tapping on "Software Update".
You can find the full changelogs for the iOS 12.3 and watchOS 5.2.1 updates below. Once you've updated, let us know how iOS 12.3 and watchOS 5.2.1 feel to you!
- AirPlay 2 now supports sharing videos, photos, music, and more from your iPhone and iPad directly to your AirPlay 2-enabled smart TV
- One-tap playback automatically plays your chosen TV show or movie on the last screen you used based on time and location
- Siri Suggestions to watch movies and TV shows now include an option to AirPlay
- Intelligent suggestions are all done on-device so your personal information stays private
Apple TV app
- The Apple TV app features an all-new design that highlights expertly curated collections and personalized recommendations
- Apple TV channels offer subscriptions to HBO, Showtime, Starz, and more, available to watch directly in the Apple TV app, online or off
- Subscriptions to Apple TV channels can be shared with up to six family members, with no new apps, accounts, or passwords needed
- New release movies are available to buy or rent in the Apple TV app, including the full catalog of over 100,000 movies and the largest selection of 4K HDR titles
- A new dedicated kids section helps you discover editorially handpicked shows and movies safe for kids of all ages
- The Apple TV app can now intelligently suggest playing to the most likely Apple TVs or AirPlay 2-enabled TVs nearby
This update also includes bug fixes and improvements. This update:
- Adds the ability to follow a magazine from the Apple News+ catalog browsing view
- Apple Music's For You tab now updates multiple times a day suggesting music based on themes like genres, artists, and moods you love
- Fixes an issue that could prevent Apple TV Remote from pausing video, controlling video, or changing volume, on supported receivers
- Addresses an issue that could cause calls made using Wi-Fi calling to drop
- Fixes an issue where song information from a connected iPhone may not appear in a car's display
- ECG app on Apple Watch Series 4 now available in Croatia, Czech Republic, Iceland, Poland, and Slovakia
- Irregular heart rhythm notifications now available in Croatia, Czech Republic, Iceland, Poland, and Slovakia
- Fixes an issue where the numbers on the Explorer face would not appear for some users