Today's a big day for Apple fans, because right after the announcement of AirPods Pro, a major new software update has been released.
iOS 13.2 is now available along with iPadOS 13.2. The update to iOS 13.2 brings with it several new features, like Deep Fusion for the iPhone 11 and iPhone 11 Pro. This camera feature is enabled automatically in medium-light scenes and uses pixel-by-pixel processing to optimize your images for detail, noise, and texture.
Also included in the update to iOS 13.2 are more than 70 new and updated emoji, including new animals, food, accessibility emoji, gender neutral emoji, and more.
Apple is beefing up the privacy features of Siri with this update, letting you delete your Siri and Dictation history and opting out of having your Siri voice recordings shared with the company.
Other notable bug fixes and improvements of iOS 13.2 include a patch for an issue that could prevent swiping to go home from working on the iPhone X and later, a fix for an issue that may prevent the keyboard from appearing when using Search, a fix for a big where Messages might show a phone number instead of a contact name, and a patch for an issue where saved notes could temporarily disappear.
Apple's full changelog for iOS 13.2 looks like this:
iOS 13.2 introduces Deep Fusion, an advanced image processing system that uses the A13 Bionic Neural Engine to capture images with dramatically better texture, detail, and reduced noise in lower light, on iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, and iPhone 11 Pro Max. Additional features include updated and additional emoji, Announce Messages for AirPods, support for AirPods Pro, HomeKit Secure Video, HomeKit enabled routers, and new Siri privacy settings. This update also contains bug fixes and improvements.
- Deep Fusion for iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, and iPhone 11 Pro Max uses the A13 Bionic Neural Engine to capture multiple images at various exposures, run a pixel-by-pixel analysis, and fuse the highest quality parts of the images together resulting in photos with dramatically better texture, details, and reduced noise, especially for mid to low light scenes
- Ability to change the video resolution directly from the Camera app for iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, and iPhone 11 Pro Max
- Over 70 new or updated emoji, including animals, food, activities, new accessibility emoji, gender neutral emoji, and skin tones selection for couple emoji
- Announce Messages with Siri to read your incoming messages aloud to your AirPods
- AirPods Pro support
- HomeKit Secure Video enables you to privately capture, store, and view encrypted video from your security cameras and features people, animal, and vehicle detection
- HomeKit enabled routers put you in control of what your HomeKit accessories communicate with over the internet or in your home
- Privacy settings to control whether or not to help improve Siri and Dictation by allowing Apple to store audio of your Siri and Dictation interactions
- Option to delete your Siri and Dictation history from Siri Settings
This update also includes bug fixes and other improvements. This update:
- Fixes an issue that may prevent passwords from autofilling in 3rd party apps
- Resolves an issue that may prevent the keyboard from appearing when using Search
- Addresses an issue where swipe to go home might not work on iPhone X and later
- Fixes an issue where Messages would only send a single notification when the option to repeat alerts was enabled
- Addresses an issue where Messages may display a phone number instead of a contact name
- Resolves an issue that caused Contacts to launch to the previously opened contact instead of the contact list
- Fixes an issue that may prevent Markup annotations from being saved
- Resolves an issue where saved notes could temporarily disappear
- Fixes an issue where iCloud Backup might not successfully complete after tapping Backup Now in Settings
- Improves performance when using Assistive Touch to activate App Switcher