Verizon launched more new 5G coverage today, but rather than flipping the switch in just one city like it's done for the past few days, it's activated 5G in six new cities.
Verizon's 5G network is now live in Charlotte, NC; Greensboro, NC; Grand Rapids, MI; Miami, FL; Salt Lake City, UT; and Spokane, WA. Here's where you'll be able to find 5G in each of those six cities:
- Charlotte: Parts of Uptown, Barclay Downs, South Charlotte, and near landmarks such as Bank of America Stadium, South Park Mall, Park Town Village, Presbyterian Medical Center, and Charlotte Douglas International Airport.
- Greensboro: Parts of East Greensboro, West Greensboro, South Greensboro, and near landmarks like Bennett College, Warnersville Recreation Center, University Village Student Apartments, and Old Peck Park.
- Grand Rapids: Parts of Downtown, East Grand Rapids, Allendale, Kentwood, Wyoming, and near landmarks such as Grand Valley State University, Gerald Ford Presidential Museum, Woodland Mall, Shops at CenterPoint, and Rogers Plaza.
- Miami: Parts of Downtown Miami along Biscayne Blvd and near landmarks such as The Frost Museum, American Airlines Arena, Hard Rock Stadium, the surrounding area of Miami Gardens, and Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport.
- Salt Lake City: Parts of Downtown and near landmarks such as Salt Palace Convention Center, Pioneer Park, The Gateway Mall, Washington Square Park, and Vivint Smart Home Arena.
- Spokane: Parts of Cliff/Cannon, Comstock, Northtown, Nevada Heights, and near landmarks such as The Glover Mansion, Cowley Park, Sacred Heart Medical Center, and Comstock Park.
To access 5G, you'll need a 5G-capable smartphone. Verizon's roster of 5G phones includes the Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Galaxy S10 5G, and LG V50 ThinQ. Owners of the Moto Z4, Moto Z3, and Moto Z2 Force can also access Verizon 5G with the purchase of the 5G Moto Mod add-on.