Days before the reveal of the OnePlus 8T, OnePlus is showing some love to the phones it launched earlier this year.
The OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro are now receiving their update to OxygenOS 11, which is based on Android 11. This update is starting its rollout today, but it's an incremental update so only a small number of users will get it today. A broader rollout will begin in a few days.
The update to OxygenOS 11 brings with it a "fresh new UI visual design" and an always-on display that you can set by going into Settings > Display > Ambient Display. There's a new dark mode button in the quick settings so you can enable it more quickly, too.
OnePlus's Game Space had added a mis-touch prevention feature, and there are five new themes in Zen Mode plus a group feature that'll let you invite your friends to use Zen Mode together with you.
A Story function is now in the Gallery app that'll automatically form weekly videos with photos and videos you've saved, and OnePlus has made both the loading speed of the Gallery app and image previews faster.
You can find the full changelog for this update below.
OnePlus also confirmed today that it will also push OxygenOS 11 to the OnePlus 7T Pro, 7T, 7 Pro, 7, 6T, 6, and Nord in the future.
- Fresh new UI visual design brings you a more comfortable experience with various optimizations of details.
- Brand-new weather UI supports dynamic switches between sunrise and sunset. You can have day and night at your hand now.
- Optimized stability on some third-party applications and improved user experience.
- Newly added gaming tools box for convenient switches of Fnatic mode. You can now choose three ways of notifications: text-only, heads up and block, just for your immersive gaming experience.
- Newly added quick reply feature in a small window for Instagram and WhatsApp. (Enable it by swiping down from upper right/left corners of the screen in gaming mode)
- Newly added mis-touch prevention feature. Enable it, swipe down from the top of the screen, click and the notification bar will pop out.
- Added Always-on ambient Display function, custom Schedule/All day option included. (To set: Settings > Display > Ambient Display)
- Newly added Insight clock style, a joint creation with Parsons School of Design. It will change according to the phone usage data. (To set: Settings > Customization > Clock Style)
- Newly added 10 new clock styles. (To set: Settings > Customization > Clock Style)
- Added the shortcut key for Dark Mode, pull down the quick setting to enable.
- Supporting automatically turn on feature & customize time range. (To set: Settings > Display > Dark Mode > Turn on automatically > Automatically enable from sunset to sunrise/Custom time range.)
- Added 5 new themes (ocean, space, grassland, and so on), and more timing options.
- Included the Group feature in Zen Mode, now you can invite your friends and enable the Zen Mode together.
- Story function supported, automatically forming weekly videos with photos and video in storage.
- Loading speed optimized, and the image preview is now faster.
- The widget on the desktop might disappear. It can be set as followed: Long press on the desktop -"Widget" - "Settings" - Select the widget.