Right on schedule, iOS 13.4 is now available.
Apple today released the iOS 13.4 and iPadOS 13.4 updates to the public after weeks of beta testing. To get the update, just launch the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad and select "General" followed by "Software Update".
The update to iOS 13.4 is a big one, bringing with it several new features. That includes trackpad support for all iPad Pro models, iPad Air 2 and later, iPad 5th generation and later, and iPad mini 4 and later.
Apple is launching a new Magic Keyboard with a built-in trackpad in May that'll support the new iPad Pro and the previous generation. You can use a Magic Mouse 2 or Magic Trackpad 2, as well, or you can even use a third-party mouse connected over Bluetooth or USB.
Also included with the update to iOS 13.4 are nine new Memoji stickers. They include Smiling Face with Hearts, Hands Pressed Together, and Party Face.
Apple has improved its Mail app with this update, adding always-visible controls for delete, move, reply to, and compose in the conversation view. CarPlay is getting better, too, adding third-party navigation app support and in-call information to the CarPlay Dashboard.
The Files app is gaining iCloud Drive folder sharing, letting you easily share your iCloud Drive folders with other people, and there are permissions to choose who can make changes and upload files and who can only view and download files. And new settings in the TV app will give you more control over Wi-Fi and cellular streaming, including a data saver mode for cellular.
Finally, Apple has included many bug fixes with this update. They include a fix for an issue in the Camera app where the viewfinder may appear as a black screen after launch, a bug in Mail where messages might appear out of order, and an issue where CarPlay may lose its connection in certain vehicles.
Apple today also released the watchOS 6.2 update for the Apple Watch. This update brings in-app purchases for Apple Watch apps and fixes an issue where music playback could pause when switching from Wi-Fi to Bluetooth connectivity.
The full iOS 13.4 changelog is available below.
iOS 13.4 introduces new Memoji stickers and iCloud Drive folder sharing from the Files app. This update also contains bug fixes and improvements.
- Nine new Memoji stickers, including Smiling Face with Hearts, Hands Pressed Together, and Party Face
- iCloud Drive folder sharing from the Files app
- Controls to limit access only to people you explicitly invite or grant access to anyone with the folder link
- Permissions to choose who can make changes and upload files and who can only view and download files
- Always-visible controls to delete, move, reply to, or compose a message in conversation view
- Responses to encrypted emails are automatically encrypted when you have configured S/MIME
App Store with Apple Arcade
- Universal Purchase support enables the use of a singular purchase of a participating app across iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, Mac, and Apple TV
- Recently played Arcade games appear in the Arcade tab so you can continue playing on iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, Mac, and Apple TV
- List view for See All Games
- Third-party navigation app support for the CarPlay Dashboard
- In-call information appears on the CarPlay Dashboard
- AR Quick Look supports audio playback in USDZ files
- Predictive typing support for Arabic
This update also includes bug fixes and other improvements. This update:
- Adds status bar indicator to display when VPN has disconnected on iPhone models with all-screen displays
- Fixes an issue in Camera where the viewfinder may appear as a black screen after launch
- Addresses an issue where Photos may appear to use excess storage
- Resolves an issue in Photos that may prevent sharing an image to Messages if iMessage is disabled
- Fixes an issue in Mail where messages may appear out of order
- Addresses an issue in Mail where the conversation list may display empty rows
- Resolves an issue where Mail may crash when tapping the Share button in Quick Look
- Fixes an issue in Settings where cellular data may incorrectly display as off
- Addresses an issue in Safari where webpages may not be inverted when both Dark Mode and Smart Invert are active
- Resolves an issue where text copied from web content may appear invisible when pasted when Dark Mode is active
- Fixes an issue in Safari where a CAPTCHA tile may display incorrectly
- Addresses an issue where Reminders may not issue new notifications for an overdue recurring reminder until it is marked as completed
- Resolves an issue where Reminders may send notifications for completed reminders
- Fixes an issue where iCloud Drive appears to be available in Pages, Numbers, and Keynote even when not signed in
- Addresses an issue in Apple Music where music videos may not stream in high quality
- Resolves an issue where CarPlay may lose its connection in certain vehicles
- Fixes an issue in CarPlay where the view in Maps may move away briefly from the current area
- Addresses an issue in the Home app where tapping an activity notification from a security camera may open a different recording
- Resolves an issue where Shortcuts may not appear when tapping on the Share menu from a screenshot
- Improves the Burmese keyboard so punctuation symbols are now accessible from numbers and symbols