WiMAX-enabled HTC "Supersonic" to land on Sprint this year?
If you've watched Noah's HTC HD2 videos, he often references Windows Mobile as the bottleneck of an otherwise great device. Like him, I couldn't agree more - as I've said before, I'd love to see Android running on the HD2's hardware. The HTC A9292 with WiMAX was rumored for Sprint a few days ago, and it looks like some additional details have emerged. Hang onto your hat, folks - according to the tipster, this puppy is running Android.
Here is what we have so far:
- The codename is rumored to be "Supersonic."
- Is said to offer a 4.3-inch non-AMOLED display and a svelte shell. No exact specifications were given.
- A kickstand is included on the back of the device.
- It runs Android 2.1 with HTC's Sense UI.
- Engadget's tipster saw the unit in white, though retail devices could offer several color choices.
- The phone's software stack is said to be incredibly buggy, and as such, no release date has been confirmed.
- The processor is unknown, but is said to be "Snapdragon fast."
Music to my nerdy ears. Anyone else agree?
Via Engadget Mobile