Motorola DROID Xyboard 8.2 Ice Cream Sandwich update rolling out in phases starting todayAlex Wagner - Editorial Director of News and Content
Late last week, Verizon updated its Motorola DROID Xyboard 8.2 support page with details on the device's Ice Cream Sandwich update, indicating that it likely wouldn't be long before the smaller DROID Xyboard got a bump up to Android 4.0.4 like the DROID Xyboard 10.1 did at the end of August. It looks like today is the DROID Xyboard 8.2's time in the update spotlight, as Verizon has announced that the slate's ICS update will begin rolling out in phases today.
Like the DROID Xyboard 10.1 before it, the DROID Xyboard 8.2 is gaining a direct access lock screen with this Ice Cream Sandwich update, and owners can also expect improved network connectivity. The full update changelog from Verizon is available below. Since the 299.2MB update is rolling out in phases, it may not make its way to all devices today. However, owners that feel the need to sink their teeth into Ice Cream Sandwich as soon as possible can try checking for the update manually by going to Settings > About tablet > System updates. If there's a DROID Xyboard 8.2 that calls your place of residence "home," then be sure to leave a comment below once it gets updated to Android 4.0.4!
DIRECT ACCESS LOCK SCREEN
- The direct access lock screen takes you directly to Camera, Browser, Gallery or Unlock.
- Easily create folders by dropping one app on top of another. You can also add a name to specify the folder contents.
- Multitask with ease using the Recent Apps Feature. Just press and hold the Home Key to access and easily switch applications by tapping on thumbnails or swipe away apps that you are done with to close.
- Monitor your data usage all in one place. Set warning levels check individual app usage or turn off data completely.
- Important Note: The on-device Data Usage meter may not match the amount of data for which the customer will be charged by Verizon Wireless because the on-device meter may include data usage that is not billed to the customer.
- The My Verizon Mobile app reflects billable data usage and best indicator of how much of the current month’s data allowance has been used.
Also, with this upgrade, your device will now run on Android 4.0.4 (Ice Cream Sandwich).
Here are some of the key updates with this operating system:
- Includes the latest Motorola USB driver to allow Xyboard to connect to a computer to transfer files.
- Securely refresh your Corporate Email account with the native email client.
- Faster Browsing Experience
- Improved network connectivity