Last week saw Verizon finally flip the 4G switch in several new cities across the country, but don't fret if your hometown wasn't one of the newly-minted LTE markets. Verizon just announced that its completed deployment of 4G in Charleston, W.Va., and that another batch of new LTE markets will be going live on July 21st, aka one month from today. The list of markets is as follows:
- Augusta, Ga., including Augusta, North Augusta, and Aiken, S.C.
- Carbondale, Ill., including Marion, Murphysboro Herrin Southern Illinois University (SIU) – Carbondale campus, Carterville, Johnston City, Cambria, Hurst, DeSoto, and Elkville.
- Charleston, S.C., including North Charleston, Mount Pleasant, Summerville, Goose Creek, Folly Beach, Kiawah Island, Seabrook Island, Riverland Terrace, Sullivan’s Island, Ladson, Hanahan, Wildwood, Lincolnville, Isle of Palms, and Hickory Hill Plantation.
- Greensboro, Winston Salem, and High Point, N.C., including Cooleemee, Mocksville, Lexington, Welcome, Bermuda Run, Clemmons, Lewisville, Bethania, Rural Hall, Tobaccoville, King, Walkertown, Kernersville, Stokesdale, Oak Ridge, Summerfield, McLeansville, Whitsett, Sedalia, Jamestown, Archdale, Thomasville, Trinity, Randleman, Forest Oaks, Pleasant Garden, Liberty, Franklinville, Asheboro, and Ramseur.
- Hilo, Hawaii, including Keaau, Mountain View, and Pahoa.
- Honolulu, Hawaii, including Waikiki, Hawaii Kai, Aiea, Pearl City, Waipahu, Ewa Beach, Kapolei, Mililani, Waipio, Kaneohe, Kailua, Waialua, and Haleiwa.
- Huntsville, Ala., including Athens, Decatur, Hartselle, and Madison County.
- Las Vegas, Nev., will see expanding 4G LTE coverage that'll reach North Las Vegas, Henderson, and southwest Las Vegas.
- Louisville, Ky. will see expanded 4G LTE coverage which Verizon says will cover "most" of Louisville.
- Los Angeles, Calif., will see expanded 4G LTE coverage that'll reach Pomona to Ontario, north to Rancho Cucamonga and Fontana, and stretch south to Corona.
- Maui, Hawaii, including Kahului, Wailuku, Kihei, Wailea, Makena, Lahaina, Kaanapali, Napili, and Kapalua.
- Olympia, Wash., including Lacey, Tumwater, and Yelm.
- Phoenix, Ariz., will see expanded 4G LTE coverage reaching that'll now include Buckeye, Goodyear, Verrado, Surprise, Sun City, Sun City West, Apache Junction, and Sun Lakes.
- Portland, Ore., including Aloha, Beaverton, Battle Ground, Brush Prairie, Camas, Canby, Clackamas, Forest Grove, Gladstone, Gresham, Hazel Dell, Hillsboro, Milwaukie, Oregon City, Lake Oswego, Ridgefield, Salmon Creek, Sherwood, Tigard, Tualatin, West Linn, Wilsonville, Troutdale, Vancouver, and Washougal.
- Raleigh-Durham, N.C., including Cary, Apex, Clayton, Morrisville, Chapel Hill, Carrboro, Gorman, Wake Forest, Rolesville, Knightdale, Wendell, Holly Springs, Fuquay-Varina, Garner, and Smithfield.
- San Diego, Calif., will see expanded 4G LTE coverage that'll reach north from Del Mar to Solana Beach, and north from Poway to Escondido.
- Scranton/Wilkes-Barre, Pa., including portions of Luzerne and Lackawanna counties.
- Seattle, Wash., will see expanded 4G LTE coverage that'll reach Arlington, Everett, Lake Stevens, Marysville, Smokey Point, and Snohomish.
- Springfield, Mass., including the towns of Agawam, Amherst, Chicopee, East Longmeadow, Granby, Hatfield, Holyoke, Longmeadow, Ludlow, Monson Northampton Palmer, South Hadley, Springfield, and West Springfield
- Tacoma, Wash., including Lakewood, University Place, Steilacoom, DuPont, Parkland, Puyallup, Sumner, Algona, and Pacific.
- Toledo, Ohio, including the suburbs of Oregon, Waterville, and Bowling Green.
- Wichita, Kan., including the downtown Wichita area, Haysville, Derby, Mulvane, Park City, Valley Center, Kechi, Maize, Greenwich, and the Wichita Mid-Continent Airport.
It's not yet clear if those are all the cities that'll see Verizon 4G LTE on July 21st, but we'll be sure to update the list with new markets as Verizon announces them. Although this expansion isn't quite as large as the previous one — at least not yet — it's still good to see Big Red continue to build out its LTE network on a fairly regular basis. So, are any of you in one of the markets that'll be gaining Verizon 4G once July 21st rolls around?