Today's the day that Verizon 5G goes live in New York City, and there are a couple more cities getting Verizon's 5G coverage, too.
Verizon 5G is now live in parts of New York City, Panama City, and Boise. This brings the number of Verizon 5G cities up to a total of 13, and the carrier has plans to bring 5G to more than 30 cities total by the end of 2019.
Here's where you can find Verizon's 5G coverage in these three cities:
New York City
- Manhattan: Midtown, Financial District, Harlem, East Harlem, Hell’s Kitchen and Washington Heights.
- Brooklyn: Downtown Brooklyn
- The Bronx: Pelham Bay, Fordham Heights, and Hunt’s Point
- Around Landmarks: Bryant Park, St. Patrick’s Cathedral, Madison Square Garden, Trinity Park (Brooklyn), the Lincoln Tunnel (Manhattan Entrance), Javits Center on 11th Ave between 36th and 37th, and the Theatre District on Broadway between 49th and 52nd.
- Downtown Panama City, Forest Park, and Lower Grand Lagoon in Panama City Beach.
- Downtown Boise, West Boise, West End, Meridian, Boise Junction around such landmarks as the Idaho State Capitol, St. Luke’s Boise Medical Center, Fort Boise Park, Capital City Event Center, and Boise Town Square.
Verizon currently sells three phones with 5G built-in: the Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Samsung Galaxy S10 5G, and LG V50 ThinQ 5G. It also offers the Moto Z4, which you can add 5G support to using Motorola's 5G Moto Mod.