Apple today unleashed the iOS 13.3 update onto the public.
iOS 13.3 is now available for iPhone and iPod touch while iPadOS 13.3 is rolling out to iPad devices. If you've got an iOS 13 device, you can update to iOS 13.3 by launching the Settings app and tapping on "General" followed by "Software Update".
The update to iOS 13.3 brings with it a few notable new features. Parents can use the new Communication Limits feature of Screen Time to control who their children can contact in the FaceTime, Phone, and Messages apps. Also being added is support for physical NFC, USB, and FIDO2 security keys in Safari, providing another two-factor authentication option for improved security.
Apple will now let you prevent Memoji and Animoji stickers from appearing in the emoji keyboard if you're not feeling the company's custom emoji. You also have the option of saving an edited version of a video that you're working on rather than saving over the original. Finally, Apple has updated the Watch app icon, tweaking the digital crown color from black to gray.
Also rolling out today is watchOS 6.1.1, which brings "important security updates" to the Apple Watch. It's available in the Watch app on your iPhone.
Getting back to iOS 13.3, here's the full changelog for the update:
iOS 13.3 includes improvements, bug fixes and additional parental controls for Screen Time.
- New parental controls provide more communication limits over who their children can call, FaceTime, or Message
- Contact list for children lets parents manage the contacts that appear on their children’s devices
- New layout for Apple News+ stories from The Wall Street Journal and other leading newspapers
- Easily like or dislike stories with a tap
- Stories from Apple News are now available in Canada in English and French
- Continue reading with links to related stories or more stories from the same publication
- “Breaking” and “Developing” labels for Top Stories
This update also includes bug fixes and other improvements. This update:
- Enables the creation of a new video clip when trimming a video in Photos
- Adds support for NFC, USB, and Lightning FIDO2-compliant security keys in Safari
- Fixes issues in Mail that may prevent downloading new messages
- Addresses an issue that prevented deleting messages in Gmail accounts
- Resolves issues that could cause incorrect characters to display in messages and duplication of sent messages in Exchange accounts
- Fixes an issue where the cursor may not move after long pressing on the space bar
- Addresses an issue that may cause screenshots to appear blurry when sent via Messages
- Resolves an issue where cropping or using Markup on screenshots may not save to Photos
- Fixes an issue where Voice Memos recordings may not be able to be shared with other audio apps
- Addresses an issue where the missed call badge on the Phone app may not clear
- Resolves an issue where the Cellular Data setting may incorrectly show as off
- Fixes an issue that prevented turning off Dark Mode when Smart Invert was enabled
- Addresses an issue where some wireless chargers may charge more slowly than expected