T-Mobile's 2011 roadmap leaks, filled to the brim with Android and BlackBerry products [UPDATED]Alex Wagner - Senior News Editor
Earlier today, we learned about the Samsung Hercules, an upcoming T-Mobile smartphone with some pretty god-like specs. There was no mention of when the device would launch in that report, but now T-Mobile's entire 2011 roadmap has leaked, revealing not only the launch date of the Hercules but the dates of several other intriguing devices, as well. There's a lot of info contained in the leak, so we're going to break it down month by month:
- 8th: HTC Sensation 4G, Samsung Exhibit 4G, Samsung Gravity Touch 2, and the Huawei E587 "Wayne," a 42Mbps HSPA+ mobile hotspot.
- 15th: Samsung t499 "Tess," which could be the the U.S. version of the Galaxy Mini and bear the name "Galaxy Suit" on T-Mobile.
- 29th: Samsung t379 "Triumph," which will likely be the successor to the Gravity 3.
- 6th: HTC myTouch 4G Slide, aka the HTC Doubleshot.
- 15th: HTC "Marvel," which our buddies at TmoNews believe will be Magenta's version of the Wildfire S.
- 27th: BlackBerry "Monza," which is also known as the BlackBerry Touch, which could be priced at under $200 with a two-year contract.
- 17th: BlackBerry Bold 9900.
- 31st: BlackBerry "Apollo," a next-gen Curve.
- Unknown: Huawei S7 Android tablet.
- 14th: LG "Flip II," a mysterious phone that This is my next thinks may be the follow-up to the dLite.
- 21st: Nokia "Panda," which will come to market as the Nuron 4G. Features include a 3.2-inch 360x640 touchscreen, 5-megapixel camera, 14.4Mbps HSPA, Symbian 3.1, and a sub-$150 contract price.
- 26th: Samsung Hercules.
- 2nd: LG Maxx and Maxx Q, the latter of which has a physical QWERTY keyboard. Outside of that, these two phones are a mystery.
Rounding things out, there are a few notable products without any sort of release info: Huawei U2805, which This is my next speculates could be a Comet follow-up; Samsung "Dumont," another mystery phone; LG "Gelato" Optimus II, which may be an updated Optimus T; and finally, the mysterious HTC "Bresson" and "G-Infinity," the latter of which could be the next in T-Mobile's line of G-branded Android phones. Overall, it sounds like T-Mobile's got a pretty solid lineup of devices coming in the remainder of 2011. It's kind of a bummer that we may have to wait until the end of September to get our paws on the beastly Hercules, but thankfully there are devices like the Sensation 4G, myTouch 4G Slide, and BlackBerry Bold Touch to keep us entertained in the mean time. Better start saving up, friends; it's going to be an expensive year.
UPDATE: A little more info about the HTC Bresson has emerged, thanks to the folks at Pocketnow. It seems that the Bresson may be that Windows Phone 7-powered handset with a 16-megapixel camera that leaked a little over a month ago. Exciting news for WP7 fans on T-Mobile!