Well, that didn’t take long. Less than a week after the LG Volt showed its face in leaked renders, the Android-powered smartphone has been made officially official by Boost Mobile and Virgin Mobile.
The LG Volt is now available for purchase from both Boost Mobile and Virgin Mobile at a price of $179.99 without a commitment. In exchange for your hard-earned $180, you’ll receive the following:
- 4.7-inch 960x540 Gorilla Glass 2 touchscreen
- 1.2GHz quad-core Snapdragon processor
- 8-megapixel rear, 1.3-megapixel front cameras
- 8GB storage, microSD card slot
- 1GB RAM
- 3000mAh battery
- 4G LTE, Sprint Spark LTE connectivity
- Android 4.4 KitKat with custom LG software like Knock Code unlock method, QuickRemote universal remote and QuickMemo note-taking feature
While the LG Volt’s screen resolution may not be the most pixel-dense that we’ve ever seen, most of its other specs are fairly respectable for a $180 smartphone. Perhaps the two nicest inclusions are its beefy 3000mAh battery and its support for Sprint’s new tri-band Spark LTE network, which uses three bands of spectrum to offer faster speeds and increased capacity.
Via LG, Boost Mobile, Virgin Mobile